Menu

First Semester of High School Brag

My oldest started high school this fall. He took all honors/pre AP/accelerated classes, except orchestra. He got off to a rocky start in pre AP social studies, and midway through the semester was barely passing. Starting in October, he got all A's in the class, including acing the final. On his final document based essay his teacher wrote,"You are ready to take AP World History next year, and I expect nothing less than a 5 on the exam." We are very proud of him. Anyway, he ended up with 5 A's and one B in honors chemistry.

We have been very impressed with the rigor of the high school. Most of the teachers are focused on mastery rather than do you know it at this moment in time. He still had plenty of time to play soccer, water polo, and practice the cello, not to mention just hang out and relax. And he still has time to read extra books.

He has matured a lot. He needs a lot of food and a lot of sleep, but he seems to be managing everything. I am just really proud of him and wanted to share it.

How is everyone else's school year going?

My oldest started high school this fall. He took all honors/pre AP/accelerated classes, except orchestra. He got off to a rocky start in pre AP social studies, and midway through the semester was barely passing. Starting in October, he got all A's in the class, including acing the final. On his final document based essay his teacher wrote,"You are ready to take AP World History next year, and I expect nothing less than a 5 on the exam." We are very proud of him. Anyway, he ended up with 5 A's and one B in honors chemistry.

We have been very impressed with the rigor of the high school. Most of the teachers are focused on mastery rather than do you know it at this moment in time. He still had plenty of time to play soccer, water polo, and practice the cello, not to mention just hang out and relax. And he still has time to read extra books.

He has matured a lot. He needs a lot of food and a lot of sleep, but he seems to be managing everything. I am just really proud of him and wanted to share it.

How is everyone else's school year going?

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

That is wonderful. My ds is doing well. He had a 91.5 average the first quarter and had to work very long & hard to get that. :D

He's on one of the hockey teams. His team won their first game and on the school announcements they said the team won "with outstanding play in goal from Jack Lastname." My son said his whole homeroom clapped. He really admires his coach who is only 24 and seems (to me) to be very tough and fiercely competative. But the coach shakes the parents' hands after games and thanks us for attending.

He likes most of his teachers, has a "favorite" teacher who teaches his "favorite" subject and another "favorite" teacher that he really likes but he wishes he taught a better subject. :lol:

It still feels like I am missing my arms but I am glad he is doing so well...