Menu

Looking for a recipe -- tastes a lot like Divinity, but...

...my friend calls them Snowcaps or Snowdrops, not sure which. The candy she makes tastes a lot like divinity, but is more "creamy", and is shaped, rather than dropped from a spoon. I know that it has pecans, and I *think* it has confectioner's sugar, egg whites, and maybe corn syrup. Thanks, if anyone can help!

Is it the one I recently mentioned here?

Pecan Meringues

2 egg whites

1/8 teas salt

1/3 teas cream of tartar

1 1/2 C cups powdered sugar

1/2 teas vanilla

1 1/3 C chopped pecans

Beat the egg whites until frothy. Add salt and cr. of tartar. Continue

beating until the mixture stands in peaks. Slowly add sugar, beating

after every addition. Add vanilla, fold in pecans. Drop by teaspoon on

well greased baking sheet

Bake at 275 for about 20 minutes.

Makes two dozen

I was thinking the meringue things too. Are they pretty light, and the insides crush and almost melt in your mouth when you bite down on them?

The ones my friend made are not really light in the meringue-y sort of way. The outside doesn't really form a crust -- it doesn't crush or crumble -- and they don't melt in your mouth; they're actually a bit chewy, like divinity that didn't quite set. So the consistency is a bit like fudge, but not as "heavy".

Edited by ereks mom

I just remembered! The taste and consistency is a lot like a Pecan Log Roll from Stuckey's -- if anyone remembers those! The difference is that the white part isn't rolled in pecans; the pecans are mixed up in the nougat part, and it's not "sticky". And my friend dusts hers with cinnamon -- only a *tiny* bit.

I just remembered! The taste and consistency is a lot like a Pecan Log Roll from Stuckey's -- if anyone remembers those! The difference is that the white part isn't rolled in pecans; the pecans are mixed up in the nougat part, and it's not "sticky". And my friend dusts hers with cinnamon -- only a *tiny* bit.

It sounds good can you just ask your friend?