Menu

Anyone use Rod & Staff science?

lovetobehome

I am using the 2nd grade science with my 7yo this year and we are almost done. It fits all of your requirements. There are only 29 lessons in the whole book so less than once a week would work. Also, it's fast and there are some really neat activities, but we haven't done too many of them.

The only con I can think of is that my 7yo thinks he knows everything in it already. He is very interested in science and really wants something with more info, so if your child is very science-y, it might be too easy. Although, I have only used the 2nd grade book so I can't really speak for the others.

Hope this helps.

We used 2nd, 3rd & 5th last year. My son REALLY liked it and said he learned so much. Before we were using a more CM/Literature approach but it was not getting done. I switched to R&S and they loved it.

We are trying CLE for science this year. My son misses having an actual textbook but he likes CLE's L.U. as well. I plan to purchase R&S 6th grade science just to have on hand.

Blessings,

We also have the 2nd grade. I am not overly impressed w/it, but have used chapters of it when it is a subject that we are covering on my schedule. It is nice sometimes to have the whole chapter there, w/ the reading and coloring sheets and worksheets altogether. I still add library books too when we have used it. I won't be purchasing any other grades in the future.

I am happy with it. It does not take me much time. We do science 2x's a week (with the older 2, only once a week with the younger). I usually review previous vocabulary and the questions from the previous lesson. I then make sure I go over the concepts for the new lesson. The concepts that need to be taught are in the teacher's book. I usually spend around 15 minutes on science with each kid. The kids have enjoyed it.