Menu

Shouldn't I be getting my energy back about now?

Second trimester and I am still wiped out. I cannot keep my eyes open for at least a couple of hours each afternoon and I am dragging through the day.

I am really not being very effective as a teacher right now and that worries me because it's not like I am going to be in better shape when the baby comes!

Don't get me wrong, the basics are getting done, but I am "teaching" with my head on the desk (in my pajamas) while munching on saltines. Hardly a role model! And then after lunch I collapse.

This is not such an issue for the 7 and 9 year old but I feel I should be doing more with the 12 year old.

I am not sure what the point of my post is - maybe looking for advice, BTDT, encouragement, ideas? We rarely watch any TV, maybe this is a time to get a lot of educational videos from the library and make that part of school (is that a lie I am telling myself or does it work?)

I thrive on being PRODUCTIVE so this just drives me nuts.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Second trimester and I am still wiped out.

The second trimester rebound only happened for me with my first child. I never got any energy back for my second two. I was sleepy from conception through birth...and then until they each slept through the night. :lol:

Can you take naps each day? :grouphug:

Second trimester and I am still wiped out. I cannot keep my eyes open for at least a couple of hours each afternoon and I am dragging through the day.

I am really not being very effective as a teacher right now and that worries me because it's not like I am going to be in better shape when the baby comes!

Don't get me wrong, the basics are getting done, but I am "teaching" with my head on the desk (in my pajamas) while munching on saltines. Hardly a role model! And then after lunch I collapse.

This is not such an issue for the 7 and 9 year old but I feel I should be doing more with the 12 year old.

I am not sure what the point of my post is - maybe looking for advice, BTDT, encouragement, ideas? We rarely watch any TV, maybe this is a time to get a lot of educational videos from the library and make that part of school (is that a lie I am telling myself or does it work?)

I thrive on being PRODUCTIVE so this just drives me nuts.

With my second, I had a brief blip of energy between 22 weeks and 26 weeks or so, and then I went back to my "hit by a Mack truck" state, albeit sans nausea, thankfully. I have vivid memories of locking myself into our bedroom with my eldest (2 at the time, and soooo well behaved), turning on the TV to Noggin, and just laying in a semi-conscious state for hours, until my DH came home or I managed to transfer both of us to DD's bed so she could go to sleep. Honestly, that's one of the things that keeps me from getting pregnant again, how sick and exhausted I was the second time around. So while I have no advice for you, unfortunately, just know that you're not alone. I'm certain your kids will survive a period of less-than-rigorous schooling while you get through this :grouphug:

I remember all through my 3rd waking up, doing the minimum of school with breakfast and then taking a nap.

Getting up for lunch, doing a little extra school and then laying down for a nap with the kids.

Then getting up in the afternoon to get the bare minimum of housework and dinner done and then hitting the bed as soon as the kids were in bed at 8, sometimes even before and dh would put the kids to bed.

I was older, the pregnancy was scarier and I as hs for the first time.

It did get better after the baby was born, but not for a few months when she started to sleep through the night.

Don't worry. If your hitting the basics and the kids are happy, do school in your bed. My friend was on bedrest for the second half of her last pregnancy and that is exactly where school happened every day.

The kids look back at those months now and wish they were still doing bed school everyday.

Just focus on taking care of yourself and the rest WILL fall into place eventually.

I just ordered a bunch of science kits and history videos for the older dc to go through; the younger dc can follow along with an older sibling's help. This way I know that at least their learning is continuing even while I'm napping (again!) or hovering near the toilet. I'd love to be one of those women who never gets sick or tired while pg.

I was tired all the way through my fourth pregnancy. There wasn't anything wrong, just one of those things. I didn't end up getting back my usual energy until after that baby was weaned, at around 12 months.

I've had four other babies, and the others weren't as draining.

No advice, except don't worry about the homeschooling. They're still getting more attention from a tired, pg mom than they would from a teacher in a class with 30 other kids.

Edited by Mamabegood