Menu

I have to share my excitement about my husband's Christmas present...

When ESPN aired The Greatest Game Ever Played (Colts vs. Giants 1958), dh saw his dad in a shot of the Baltimore Colts band. His dad died in 1985, so of course it was an emotional moment to see him on TV. I checked amazon a few times, and the DVD was not available for sale. I kept meaning to email ESPN to try to obtain a copy of it, but never got around to it. Today I thought about it, and even though it's too late to get it for Christmas, I decided to take care of it. I was on the ESPN website looking up the exact name of the program when I decided to check amazon one more time. The DVD is available and I ordered it along with Frank Gifford's new book about the game. But while searching for Baltimore Colts band items, I found something even better - posters of the Baltimore Colts band leaving the field. You could see the fans in the stands and everything - it's a very cool poster. Amazon said the poster couldn't ship in time for Christmas, so I went to the seller's website to see if I could order it there in time for Christmas. Well, not only will it be here in time for Christmas, but it will be matted and framed! The site is so awesome - http://www.art.com. I was able to try different frames and mats, and even change the background color so I could see how it would look on our walls. Then I googled for coupon codes and saved $30 on my order! I spent more money than I usually spend on dh for Christmas, but I am so excited to have gotten something meaningful and personal. I am a terrible gift-buyer, so this is a big deal for me!

Oh, I almost forgot, dh's dad played sousaphone in the band. In the picture, the sousaphones are leading the band off the field. I think the 3rd one is his dad, but I am not sure. I sure hope his dad is in the picture, but even if he's not, I know dh will love it.

Edited by LizzyBee

I can't believe this! Dh was using my amazon account to order Christmas gifts for the kids, and he saw the order for the DVD and book. I looked at the poster on amazon and he knows I looked at it because amazon shows recently looked-at items. I hope he hasn't figured out that I ordered it. Since I ordered it directly from the seller rather than amazon, maybe he hasn't figured it out. But he put it in the shopping cart with the kids' stuff, and I took it out, so he might be guessing that I ordered it elsewhere. He's going to have to get his own amazon account before next Christmas! :glare:

My order confirmation includes a picture of the framed poster, so I'm uploading it here. I'm not sure if it will be big enough to have a good look at it though.

ETA: Uploading the pic didn't work and I'm not sure why.