Menu

What can my DH get me for Christmas...I need ideas

I need to give my dh more specific ideas for Christmas, preferably something that runs on electricity.:001_smile: My currents list has things like slippers, a book title, a wallet, and new winter coat. He says that it's not specific enough and wants a model number. Apparently my description of a new purse, pretty fabric with a funky hippy feel, was a little much for him.:lol:

So, please help me I can't think of anything.

I like scrapbooking, sewing, baking, and anything crafty. What can I ask for? I have a sewing machine/serger and a cricut. I have a relatively new mixer for baking and no space for more appliances.(no panini press)

Any ideas????

TIA

I love cooking/baking too, and thought that a good candy thermometer would be nice to have.

How bout some new silicon baking things. I bet if you check your kitchen for stuff that's looking old, tired or worn out you'd find things that would be fun to have new.

Or how about gift certificates for extra luxuries...a night out on your own, a massage, pedicure, shopping trip, netflix, etc...

hmmm, these are sounding good. The problem is that what I really want is money and time. I want to go out and buy myself things because that doesn't happen in our house. I do the necessary things like underwear etc. but nothing fun. I want time so I can do the things I enjoy without interruption. My sweet girls always like to get out their craft things when I do and I end up helping them.;)

Any other ideas???

My currents list has things like slippers, a book title, a wallet, and new winter coat. He says that it's not specific enough and wants a model number. Apparently my description of a new purse, pretty fabric with a funky hippy feel, was a little much for him.:lol:

For slippers, wallet, winter coat, and purse: I'd recommend providing him with a link of one that you like or the name of a store so that he can buy you a gift certificate.

For the book, I'd suggest a bookstore! He might get you a gift certificate there too if you enjoy browsing.

Perhaps you could add to the list: "a romantic dinner for two" for which he makes the childcare arrangements.

Regards,

Kareni

If you want time and moola, ask for it.

Say I'd like a Saturday all day alone to create. He could arrange a coupon for a Dad field trip for the munchkins. Or an every Tuesday evening, he could take the kiddoes somewhere for two hours.

I asked for a weekend to write in a hotel room all by myself one year. It can be done...and I'd do it once a month if I could. :D

Gift cards to your favorite craft/fabric/art/book stores are the perfect gift, IMHO.

Surely you will need some new appliance.

Google the most outrageous gadget and get the model number! :D

Ice Cream Maker

KitchenAid

Food Processor

Cast Iron pans, dutch oven - of course the good ones like Le Creuset or Lodge.

Gift Cards to your favorite clothing/crafts store

Bosch Grain Mill

VitaMix Blender

I have to give my dh VERY specific lists as well. I don't really mind...atleast I know I'm getting something I want. lol. Every once in a while, he'll surprise me...his surprises are usually fabulous. When I make the list, I include the place to purchase it, or a link, and the price. That helps him plan out his shopping budget a bit more. :p He won't do gift cards for me either. Or clothes...I want new clothes...he told me to buy them myself. HA!