Menu

Any hope for an unorganized parent?

Okay, another question from the newbie and hopefully future-homeschooler:

Right now, I consider myself to be a very unorganized person. I know that I have to improve in this regards before it's time to really start homeschooling, but I sometimes worry that I'll never be as organized and put together as I need to be to be an effective homeschooling parent. Anyone else out there who felt similarly before you started homeschooling? Give me hope, people!

Okay, another question from the newbie and hopefully future-homeschooler:

Right now, I consider myself to be a very unorganized person. I know that I have to improve in this regards before it's time to really start homeschooling, but I sometimes worry that I'll never be as organized and put together as I need to be to be an effective homeschooling parent. Anyone else out there who felt similarly before you started homeschooling? Give me hope, people!

I've homeschooled for a long time and am still unorganized. :lol: If you think you need to wait until you begin homeschooling, your child may graduate before that happens.

Ok, just kidding. Just wanted to say, yes there's hope. You find your groove. And, it's ok to start trying to be more organized before you start homeschooling. In fact, I'd highly encourage it. :D

Some of the most creative, interesting, most inspiring homeschoolers I know are not what I would consider organized. However, their children have a passion for learning. I take comfort from their example.

I am not a born-organized person. It is a constant struggle. However, I have found that some of the suggestions from the FlyLady site to be very helpful. I will never be fully organized, but it has helped me to have routines and to have a place where things belong. I don't think you need to be an incredibly organized person to homeschool, unless your goal is to do school at home. There are many ways to homeschool and no two families are alike. You will need to find ways to make it work for you.