Menu

Good digital microscope recommendations, PLEASE!!!

radiobrain

My dad is wanting to get my kids a good microscope for christmas.

He is not the sort of person who will just follow the link to the one I want, he has to find the one HE wants. This is fine, however, I am the one who will need to use it, and I would hate to have him spend $$ on something that is not a good fit... and then I will be stuck with the "well.. we already *have* a good microscope, so I can't go get the one I want".:tongue_smilie:

So, I already sent him the one that is just good enough w/o getting crazy expensive. It is a standard microscope.

HE wants to get us a digital microscope with a camera or a screen.

This is where it gets tricky. I have a mac. All the microscopes he is looking at seem to have PC only software. A friend is giving me a PC to run a language program I won on, but I hesitate to have my dad buy me something that might not work with the computer I still don't have in my house.

ARG!!

So I would LOVE any digital microscope rec.s asap, he is itching to get this finished.

this is what he was looking at getting, it seems to have mixed reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-44340-Digital-Biological-Microscope/dp/B0014YNGCK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1260890441&sr=8-9

he also wants to go only through Amazon for some reason.

Anyway Thanks in advance!

Korin

Our grandparents also wanted to give our kids, 11 and 9, a microscope so my techy DH spent quite a long time researching. Wanted something good (not a toy), but also reasonably priced. Here is what he settled on. Comes with camera and free shipping.

http://www.microscope.com/omano-om115ld-2in1-with-book-optixcam-element-camera-p-657.html

:confused: That link says "product not found".