Menu

We are having a blast with life of Fred!!!

BMW

It clicks with all the boys' senses of humor. I told them that each time they complete a book, they get to go out to eat dinner... they are loving the lessons... We started with the pre-algebra books... the fractions, decimals, percents. Students have to know their basic math tables. I hope we like advanced algebra, too! We also got the geometry and trig. and calculus, too, because I have a math craver in the family!

My two 10 yr olds did the first two chapters with me, my 11 and 12 yr olds worked simultaneously on the same two chapters afterwards... my 13 yob wanted to do several, but my 16 yob, after getting enticed by my introduction (and bribed with money... not tomatoes, but the boy has always struggled with school, but doesn't have significant ld's... if he will work through each book it would make a huge difference in his school abilities!)... well... that boy, who doesn't want to do much schoolwork, took it to his room, with a new spiral notebook and worked on the first 4 lessons... now my 13yob is trying to decide if he should just skip that book and not have to take turns... (he is a math smarty, so I'll probably let him skip it...)

How fun is that... a math book being bounced from boy to boy, each of them happily wanting to do it... and mostly for the "understanding" and advancement of their skills!