Menu

a Christmas card arrived today from my sister-in-law...

Your dh should have a *ahem* word or two to his sister. (His sister, correct?)

Cut your mom some slack...the older I get, the worse I spell. Words I've known for years suddenly aren't there. :tongue_smilie:

Have a hot beverage of your choice and watch a sweet Christmas movie where ALL the family learns to get along by the end.

OK, I'm not normally one to get snarky but, for goodness' sake, I'd send it back "return to sender" or some such thing. That's just insane. I'm sorry you have to put up with folks like that.:grouphug:

Thank you! You're right, you don't get snarky, which gives the suggestion more oomph, if you know what I mean.

She is a very bitter woman, poor thing. She decided one year that she did not want to send or receive any gifts because she wanted to focus on Jesus. Other family members had suggested that we all exchange family portraits. My snarky comment to my husband was that we should send a portrait of ourselves in a barn dressed as the holy family.

I feel better for having shared this. I appreciate your sympathy. Thanks, y'all.

So my mother can't spell my son's name (she reverted to an older, incorrect spelling this year)
If it's any comfort, my father, who insisted on my having a middle name of Moira, almost always spelled it incorrectly on cards, etc. Maybe that's one reason for my long-standing aversion to LOTR. ;)

Thank you! You're right, you don't get snarky, which gives the suggestion more oomph, if you know what I mean.

She is a very bitter woman, poor thing. She decided one year that she did not want to send or receive any gifts because she wanted to focus on Jesus. Other family members had suggested that we all exchange family portraits. My snarky comment to my husband was that we should send a portrait of ourselves in a barn dressed as the holy family.

I feel better for having shared this. I appreciate your sympathy. Thanks, y'all.

:lol::lol::lol:

It was addressed to my husband and sons. Um. Hello? :confused:

So my mother can't spell my son's name (she reverted to an older, incorrect spelling this year), and according to my sil, I am not a part of the family. Gah! Families! Gotta love the holidays!

:willy_nilly:

Honey, I'd love to laugh with you on this one but I just can't. Some evil fairy keeps putting rude words in my head. I'm sorry she's dem...unsta...rud...ah, you know. Even still, it was unkind and undeserved. :grouphug:

Tis the season... I just keep looking at my husband as his family does insaine, nasty things and saying the same thing over and over again "nursing home". My children are now getting old enough that my oldest now wants to know what is wrong with his family mentally.

Yes, my children are on to the family ills, too. The ficus plant my mom sent for my son's 11th birthday sorta let the cat out of the bag....

Honey, I'd love to laugh with you on this one but I just can't. Some evil fairy keeps putting rude words in my head. I'm sorry she's dem...unsta...rud...ah, you know. Even still, it was unkind and undeserved. :grouphug:

Oh, the rude words we could share, if this were not a polite, proper sort of place...! January, baby.