Menu

You know those 'hot cocoa in a plastic cone' things? How would you make them?

I know it's silly, but both my dh and my dss, at different times today, have told me that they want one for Christmas. I keep thinking 'Dude, I will make you hot chocolate however you want, *whenever you want, you just have to ask!'. But apparently, there's *something special about getting a plastic cone filled with cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips or whatever.

So, I have a good homemade hot cocoa mix recipe, that's not where I'm stuck. What I can't figure out is where to find plastic cones to put them in.

Anyone have an idea? I'd much rather make them for my boys than buy them. That way, I know what's in them and I know they'll be good. :001_smile:

In case you'd like some directions:

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/hot-chocolate-cones-687223/

(We used twist ties instead of rubber bands.)

We're making these for friends and teachers this year. We're just doing chocolate, marshmallows and tying on a candy cane for stirring. I printed directions ('cause apparently some people need directions to make hot chocolate :confused: LOL) on address labels. Peel and stick. They're cute, easy, cheap.

If you have a Michaels Crafts near you, you can get the icing bags even cheaper with teh 40% off coupon. :)

Cat