Menu

Am I the only one here who has done NO Christmas shopping yet???

Please tell me I'm not alone, and that there is still time to get some nice gifts for my family! This year, for a change, we have money set aside for Christmas, but there has been NO time to go shopping. Everyone in our family has been sick to some degree since a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. And lately, the weather has been too nasty to get out, and there have been last-minute changes in our plans. For example, dh & I were planning to go out of town on an all-day shopping expedition yesterday, since our kids were supposed to be out of town at the homes of friends. But at the last minute, EK's weekend sleepover was moved to our house, and dh & I had to cancel our plans.

Nope, I haven't started yet. The worst part is that I don't have a clue what to get people. I was beginning to have a little panic attack today regarding this. I was planning on starting tomorrow, but now the weather channel is issuing freezing rain warnings. It looks as though I will be one of those last minute people that used to stress me out when I worked retail. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :scared: Is it just me, or did it creep up extra fast this year?

I bought two things from Amazon today but that's all I've done.

I just can't get motivated. No one needs anything. They already have too much stuff. I had to go to the mall today for a birthday present for dd's friend. :eek: I want to crawl under a rock until January.

I haven't bought a thing and pretty much have no time to do any shopping so I'm not quite sure how I'm going to finish. Maybe the 3 days before Christmas.

We got our tree today and I'm trying to avoid listening to Christmas songs so that I can continue to believe that it isn't almost Christmas -- it's not working though.

We had to spend our Christmas money on a car repair so that we could have one of our two vehicles working. No shopping yet, here. Don't get any funds until the 15th so it's not going to be a fun Christmas shopping season for us again. I really do love getting people gifts and that makes it frustrating when we don't have the money to do it. Hard to get into the spirit this year, but I'm trying to make the most of it!

I make a number of gifts so I am afraid that I cannot procrastinate. What remains to be done: I need to finish one pair of pajama pants and make another, then my efforts turn to homemade caramels, pecan tarts and Moravian Sugar Cakes. I have a number of things to be mailed which depend on the production of these homemade goodies.

Truly, I am not doing a lot of shopping but I am spending a lot of time at the sewing machine and at the stove. I'd rather do this than go to the mall...

Jane

I've purchased gifts for our two grand-daughters - they are 6 y/o and 3 y/o and they are getting toys from us.

I've purchased some nice boxes of chocolate to give to the kids choir director, the accompanist, and the mom who does the administrative work for kids choir - these are all volunteer positions and these people do a great job! I bought the gifts tonight, and wrapped them to give to them tomorrow.

I will give a gift to our Milkman who delivers our farm fresh stuff to our house every week - probably cash.

And, I will bake a tray of cookies and make fudge for the folks here at the hotel who work at the front desk and have just been fabulous to us - and we will give a cash gift to the housekeeper who has been just the kindest most thoughtful person to our family since we have been living here.

No money, no ideas, no time, nobody needs anything. Also bad attitude about the people we "owe" gifts too. Hate all this. I love baby Jesus, but I hate Christmas.

:iagree: Yep, this is me. I'm sick of having to buy things for family that we barely know, who don't give us a second thought any other time of the year. "Owe" is the feeling, that's for sure.

Sandy

I haven't purchased one single gift yet. Dh is on a seasonal layoff, and so money is very tight. We have to focus on the mortgage, utilities, gas and food money, etc. first, then purchase gifts with whatever might be left after paying bills on the 20th. Our dd and grandkids are the priority of course.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I have the baby a pair of pajamas and a back pack. That is it so far.

I have to wait until the week of the 20th to shop. My hubby gets a bonus that week so have to wait for that.

I started making my list of what I need to buy so I have it ready and know exactly what I need to get.