Menu

Please help me with holes in kids' socks!

jeri

I have six kids adn they are terrible with socks! I think I'm buying a package of Haines or Fruit of the Loom every other week! Unfortunately, I have very limited choices here in Germany (military). So, does anyone have a source for long-wearing socks (if price is not an issue)? I'm sure I'll have to buy online, but that's fine!

Thanks.

jeri

You are in Germany, right?

I could've written your post a year ago!

I ended up in a German shoe store that had a nice selection of really comfy seamless socks. I bought a 3 pack for my son. They are wonderful. I ended up going back and buying socks for all of my children.

They are not athletic type socks, but rather nice cotton colored socks some with designs and some just solid colors. They are awesome. My kids have never been so happy. I have one son who used to complain about his socks constantly and now he's totally comfy.

The shoe store I went to is called Diechman's. I'm not sure if they are a chain or not, but if you have one they have wonderful socks and decent prices considering the euro.

One lesson I've learned this year is to not limit myself to shopping on base. I've branched out into the community stores and I've been really pleased. The first two years here I shopped primarily on base for clothes and I was so frustrated!

I actually do shop off base for food often--I don[t know why I didn't think of socks! And I have even had some good luck with Aldi's socks. I will look for this Diechmanns, buut even if they are not in our area, I can try some other stores. Anjd your description of socks is exactlyy what they would like! Again, thanks!

jeri

You are in Germany, right?

I could've written your post a year ago!

I ended up in a German shoe store that had a nice selection of really comfy seamless socks. I bought a 3 pack for my son. They are wonderful. I ended up going back and buying socks for all of my children.

They are not athletic type socks, but rather nice cotton colored socks some with designs and some just solid colors. They are awesome. My kids have never been so happy. I have one son who used to complain about his socks constantly and now he's totally comfy.

The shoe store I went to is called Diechman's. I'm not sure if they are a chain or not, but if you have one they have wonderful socks and decent prices considering the euro.

One lesson I've learned this year is to not limit myself to shopping on base. I've branched out into the community stores and I've been really pleased. The first two years here I shopped primarily on base for clothes and I was so frustrated!

Exactly what I did as well..they have great socks!

Tammy,

I'm so happy for you that you get to stay! We find out this spring where we go next and we're impatient!!

Jeri,

If you can't find them and are still looking after the holidays, PM me and I would be happy to MPS some to you to try them out and then send more if you like them. I just bought more this past week as stocking stuffers!

Also, the Germans have the *best* rain gear for kids I've ever seen for less than the pricey stuff you can get at LL Bean or Land's End. My kids needed rain pants/coats for their little German school and I *love* their rain gear. It's easy to find in the fall so look for it if you need it!

Kate

Ok, I googled Diechmann's and found a couple within 15 min of me so I'm off to try them tomorrow! And I'm glad you told me about the raingear. I did see it in the fall and didn't buy it, mostly because my kids will *not* go out in the rain. But maybe next fall I will buy it and make them go out! Ok, so any other ideas on clothes for kids? I have been to Clopperberg (sp?) but I found it to be pretty pricey. Even H&M is like that. But I've only tried Wiesbaden and from what I understand, that's a pricey city anyway.

jeri