Menu

Which works of Poe?

When she was a ninth grader, my daughter enjoyed reading this version, The Pit and the Pendulum: And Other Stories by Edgar Allan Poe from the Whole Story series just for fun.

The Whole Story series of books includes illustrations (maps, portraits, items of the day, etc) that pertain to the times as well as some commentary of material in the stories. We enjoy them.

Regards,

Kareni

You must keep in mind that EAP was the inventor of the modern detective story. Murders in the Rue Morgue is integral to literary history, imho. As was mentioned before, read several stories along with Bradury's Usher II in The Martian Chronicles. There are nods to many Poe elements. My 10th grade teacher read the Bradbury story aloud to us. Enthralling!

Blessings,

tonya

I have a mini unit lesson plan for an AP 9th grade summer class. The titles it lists are:

Short Stories:

• “The Tell-Tale Heartâ€

• “The Black Catâ€

• “The Cask of the Amontilladoâ€

• “The Masque of the Red Deathâ€

Poems:

“The Ravenâ€

“Annabel Leeâ€

I have a mini unit lesson plan for an AP 9th grade summer class. The titles it lists are:

Short Stories:

• “The Tell-Tale Heartâ€

• “The Black Catâ€

• “The Cask of the Amontilladoâ€

• “The Masque of the Red Deathâ€

Poems:

“The Ravenâ€

“Annabel Leeâ€

I would like to know more about this.... was it something you made or something you bought?

For fun, you can find lots of Raven parodies, too--from the Simpsons (watch it on youtube) to the amazon.com milk parody!

Funny that you say this...My 7yos first exposure to The Raven was the Simpson's Halloween Special. We had to explain it to her. ("Why does that Bart bird keep saying nevermore?")