Menu

If you will be in Washington D.C. between now & Jan. 10...

I highly recommend a visit to the U.S. Botanic Garden for their "Holiday Magic" display.

They have some of the coolest buildings/landscapes set up, created by artist Paul Busse out of natural materials -- things like leaves, acorns, sticks, gourds, etc.... There are replicas of many D.C. landmarks, plus the East Gallery is filled w/ a fantastical world of creations & lots of miniature trains. It's just... wow! :coolgleamA:

Here are some photos (there is much more to see than is shown in the photos because the photos mainly show the landmarks & not really the fairy tale & whimsical parts).

What a great inspiration to go out & create neat scenes using materials in your backyard!

BTW (because I know all you moms & dads are book-lovers ;)), two great books to go along w/ this type of thing are Fairy Houses... Everywhere! and Fairy Houses & Beyond!. And, if you want even more resources, you can get cute fairy (or elf) doors for your trees. (Ask me how I know all this, lol!)