Menu

I know it's not nice to make fun of people's spelling, but I can't resist this time.

LBC

My dd's synchro coach has entertained me all year with her spelling and punctuation. This one was just too funny for me not to share:

"oh its E___ S___, I probibly spelt it wrong. Im hoping she was regestered I will look right now. she compeated figures and will be compeating a solo this season."

:lol::lol:

Really, I'm not making fun of her in a mean spirited way. She freely admits that she's a poor speller. Both of her parents are public school teachers, and she herself is an early childhood educator. I've encouraged her to send her emails to me so that I can proofread them for her. As a director of the club, I think it's important to have a professional image in any club communication. Unfortunately, she hasn't taken me up on my offer, and most of her emails are much like the one above.

Even though I'm not trying to be mean, I fully expect some sort of weird payback, like having someone detect a spelling error in this post.:tongue_smilie:

Lori

Doesn't she at least have spell check? It would not catch everything but it would catch a lot of that! :tongue_smilie:

I know! I have my spell check set to check every email before I send it. It's a bit of a pain, but I'm picky about spelling. I have a 12 year old son who is weak in spelling, but I spend a lot of time teaching him the importance of using the tools around him, like spell check, electronic dictionaries, asking me, etc.

Lori