Menu

Neat stocking stuffer ideas? Post here please!

I spent so much time thinking about this this year! Here's what I ended up getting to fill the stockings:

Small, but GOOD, magnifying glasses

Slides and slide covers to go with our microscope (we've been using post-it :lol:)

Thinking Putty

Warm slippers from Lands End

A compass (for DD7)

Ancient Egypt Toob (for DD7--I only bought the one, though I wanted them ALL!!! :lol:)

Down on the Farm Mega Toob (for DD4)

A combo of these for the two girls from Rainbow Resource (these are all small booklets for $1.25 or so)

Flower Garden Small Format Stickers/Chart

Glitter Cinderella Sticker Paper Doll

Glitter Forest Fairy Sticker Paper Doll

Glitter Pretty in Pink Sticker Paper Doll

Pets Mazes

Storybook Princess Sticker Paper Doll

If there's room left (their stockings are pretty big), I might add cute gloves/scarves/hats.

There will also be chocolate coins, because for some reason they find those absolutely enchanting, even though they always seem to taste awful!

I also considered (but decided to save for future gifts/stockings):

Wikki stix/Bendaroos

Legos

Touchabubbles

Crayon rocks

Smencils (the ultimate filler item :lol:)

Gamewright card games (might still do one or two of these)

Wooden fairy sets from here (she's a HSing mom who's local to me)

Bracelets like these

I love Etsy for stocking stuffers.

ETA: Also, if you do a search on here for "stuffer" or "stuffers" you'll come up with a few other threads--they were a HUGE help to me in brainstorming this. I get stuck for stocking stuffers every single year, so I'm always keeping my eyes open for good ideas!

Edited by melissel

Chocolate oranges

Miniature flashlights

Silly string (you squirt it out of the can at each other!)

Oh yes, my two LOVE flashlights of any kind (except they have a million already). In the same vein, you could also do a book light or a headlamp.

Also, what about something like an apron and dollar store/Michael's kitchen supplies, if she likes to cook with you? Cute socks? Sunglasses? Small paperback books?

Hey Darla!!

Some things mine are getting (including my 9yo dd):

Mighty Bright Book Lights (And look, they come in cool colors, too.)

Manicure Set (Hopefully this will mean they won't always be borrowing mine!)

Feather quill and ink set (Actually, I got mine from Barnes and Noble and paid less... but I think they are sold out because I couldn't find it on their site. This link is the closest I could find.)

I spent so much time thinking about this this year!

Clearly! :lol: I'm still looking up some of your suggestions!

Chocolate oranges

Miniature flashlights

Silly string (you squirt it out of the can at each other!)

I think the chocolate oranges might go into MY stocking! Mom and Dad's stockings are always mostly empty...

Getting oldest ds and dh one of those multi-tools! My 12 yo will be getting the Winchester one I linked. He's the hunter in the family so it seemed fitting.

Oh yes, my two LOVE flashlights of any kind (except they have a million already). In the same vein, you could also do a book light or a headlamp.

Also, what about something like an apron and dollar store/Michael's kitchen supplies, if she likes to cook with you? Cute socks? Sunglasses? Small paperback books?

Kitchen gadgets are a great idea. She does like to cook! I think she needs an orange zester. :D

The old standby: socks My 9 yo daughter is getting tie-dyed ankle socks in her stocking.

She LOVES neat socks. She picks out her socks before deciding what else to wear (and sometimes it shows. ;))

Hey Darla!!

Some things mine are getting (including my 9yo dd):

Mighty Bright Book Lights (And look, they come in cool colors, too.)

Manicure Set (Hopefully this will mean they won't always be borrowing mine!)

Feather quill and ink set (Actually, I got mine from Barnes and Noble and paid less... but I think they are sold out because I couldn't find it on their site. This link is the closest I could find.)

I am getting her the manicure set for sure. She is into nail art and would put that to good use. Checking out the book lights...

These were a hit with my boys last year. I think similar ones are available at Target.

Those are so much prettier than the meat fork we roast marshmallows with (on our gas stove) now!

Every year our dc get a new pillowcase. Last year's were flannel w/winter scenes. This year everyone gets stripes. It's lots of fun especially since they also get a new pillow on New Year's Day.

I could even make those! That's a great idea.

Edited by darlasowders

I spent so much time thinking about this this year! Here's what I ended up getting to fill the stockings:

There will also be chocolate coins, because for some reason they find those absolutely enchanting, even though they always seem to taste awful!

Get the Trader Joe's coins!! The chocolate really does taste good and they are coins from all around the world. My kids LOVE them!

(and we've been using post-its too for the microscope, lol)

I think the chocolate oranges might go into MY stocking! Mom and Dad's stockings are always mostly empty...

Seriously! We do the chocolate oranges too... and even though Mom and Dad don't put up stockings at our house, somehow Santa always manages to hide a chocolate orange for us in the nightstand drawer. LOL.

Oh yeah, the other thing we do every year are those little Burts Bees lotions/lip gloss/shampoo kits.

Clearly! :lol: I'm still looking up some of your suggestions!

:lol: You know, one of the purposes this board serves for me is an always-accessible archive. I have the stocking stuffer issue every year, so I have a vested interest in making this thread great. It will show up next year in my inevitable, annual search for new ideas (and for the ones I forgot about from the prior year) :lol:

Get the Trader Joe's coins!! The chocolate really does taste good and they are coins from all around the world. My kids LOVE them!

(and we've been using post-its too for the microscope, lol)

:lol: At least I'm not alone. We've had the scope for two years, too! And what a great idea, I will totally do that, thank you!

Seriously! We do the chocolate oranges too... and even though Mom and Dad don't put up stockings at our house, somehow Santa always manages to hide a chocolate orange for us in the nightstand drawer. LOL.

Oooohhh, I never thought about candy in OUR stockings. Actually, I never thought about putting ANYTHING in our stockings. I have some good ideas for DH's stocking already, like the In The Heights CD I just bought myself...I mean, HIM! :D

Whole fruit at the toe.

Nuts in their shells for cracking, & nutcrackers if you don't have any.

Travel size bath stuff.

Fun toothbrush.

The "good" kind of toothpaste, lol

Playdough--I'm making glitter playdough this yr, but you can also do gingerbread playdough.

Ds loves dinosaur oatmeal, so I buy a box & take the packets out & stuff stockings w/ those.

Christmas candy goes here.

Pencils

Paper dolls--I printed some free ones online.

Jewelry

Cookie decorations/sprinkles

Loose change

Sewing supplies

Tools--screwdrivers, etc.

Gift cards--for businesses or homemade ones, as mentioned on another

thread--free manicure (from mom), dinner first, etc.

Music

Underwear

Tiny package of tissues

Dressy gloves

Slinky

Disposable camera

Tape

Office supplies in general, whatever the beg/steal from you

When my kids were young, I bought them lots of stocking stuffers and presents at Kids Surplus -- especially magic tricks and small Playmobil toys.

http://www.kidsurplus.com/

One of my DS still gets the snake in the can in his stocking -- that I purchase at Spencer's gifts. He loves it, and he would be disappointed if he didn't find one in his stocking.