Menu

Dual credit and transcripts

How does one do this? I have 2 dds taking classes at a local university and don't know what to write on their transcripts. One will be attending this university when she graduates high school, and the other will be going to cosmetology school. Do I just list them with their other coursework, make a separate section...??

Also, what should I call "college algebra" in light of the fact that they took Saxon Alg. I, II, and about 30 lessons in Adv. Math? I just don't want a lot of questions or funny looks, and I also have 3 more kids coming up behind these. I want to know what I am doing next time. :)

Thanks,

tonya

I listed the CC courses right along with the high school-level courses on the transcript in the semester that they were taken. Right after the course name, in parenthesis, I put the abbreviated CC name and course number, followed by the grade in the appropriate semester column, and final grade column. So it looked something like this:

-------------------------------------------------Sem 1---Sem2---Final

General Chemistry I (CCName: CHM-151)----A------------------A

[i have to put the hyphens in for this to show up formatted correctly, but I didn't use them on the transcript]

As far as listing College Algebra, was the Advanced Math taken in the same school year? If so, I would list it for the first semester math, and College Algebra as the second semester. If not in the same year, you could still do that, or list Advanced Math as a year-long course (I'm not sure what percentage of the text 30 lessons is). I would list the college algebra course exactly as the CC has listed/named it. I have heard that College Algebra is considered Algebra 3. I would not worry that it looks like a repeat of Alg 1, 2, and Advanced Math. It is college, after all. :-)

~Brigid

Edited by Brigid in NC

I used different fonts on my daughter's transcript to indicate where different courses were taken (i.e., at the community college, at home, at a local homeschooling resource center). I explained the significance of each font in a key on the transcript. I'd be happy to send you (or anyone else who is interested) a copy of the transcript if you send me a personal message with your email address.

Regards,

Kareni

I used different fonts on my daughter's transcript to indicate where different courses were taken (i.e., at the community college, at home, at a local homeschooling resource center). I explained the significance of each font in a key on the transcript. I'd be happy to send you (or anyone else who is interested) a copy of the transcript if you send me a personal message with your email address.

Regards,

Kareni

I'd be happy to do the same, Tonya, just so you can get a taste of the different approaches we've all taken.