Menu

Looking for winter coat recommendations

I have an old winter coat that is pretty warm, but really huge on me. (I wore it when I was pregnant with both my kids!) I would love a slimmer but really warm winter coat, but I don't know what to look at. Preferably something somewhat stylish, but I would choose function over form if it came right down to it. We live in Illinois and it can get kind of cold. I don't know anything about North Face jackets, but I do buy my kids Columbia jackets. Someone please explain what I should look for for myself!

I love Land's End and LL Bean. Their temperature guides help me to narrow down what I want. I'm always cold, so I look for the best warmth for my budget. They are having huge sales (esp. Land's End), and they have wonderful customer service. I've returned things (kids coat) after a year's worth of service and they've replaced it without question.

I just got an email this morning that today and tomorrow I believe, all outerwear at Land's End is 50 percent off with free shipping. Here is the info to use this discount.

At checkout, on the Billing Information page, go to the section labeled “Promotion Code†(above the credit card payment box) and manually enter the Promotion Code and PIN.

Enter the Promotion Code DEC10 and the PIN 00008104 in the space provided.