Menu

Where Do I Find Art Postcards for Picture Narration?

Sahamamama

I'd like to try to combine "artist study" with "picture narration" this upcoming year. What is a good source for artist post cards? I don't even know where to begin to look! :confused:

I like the grammar lessons in First Language Lessons, but I'm looking for something different for the picture narrations. Any suggestions?

I'd like to try to combine "artist study" with "picture narration" this upcoming year. What is a good source for artist post cards? I don't even know where to begin to look! :confused:

I like the grammar lessons in First Language Lessons, but I'm looking for something different for the picture narrations. Any suggestions?

Dover Publications! You know, the company that makes those great colouring books. I love their art postcards and they are often on sale.

Dover Publications! You know, the company that makes those great colouring books. I love their art postcards and they are often on sale.

Thanks, Colleen! I've been looking there since you posted, but I can't find art postcards. Where are these on the Dover website? I'd love to find (for example) sets of full-color postcards for just a few artists -- Norman Rockwell, Mary Cassatt, Georges Seurat, and Grandma Moses. I keep looking and looking, but I must be doing it wrong? :confused:

I think it's going to be a long night..... :nopity:

We made our own by right-clicking to save pics we found online and printing them inexpensively as 4X6 pics at walgreens. Worked great and was easy and fast. There are pics all over, but I think I ended up finding some key sites like the Nat'l Gallery of Art and whatnot getting most of them in one or two places like that. I used the list in Discovering Great American Artists because we're doing american. You could do the same thing with the regular DGA for world history. I tried to find 2-3 interesting works for each artist, so then we could study pics and have an art project at the end of the week. We study them, put in a photo album that has lines to label, done. Not fancy, but very memorable.

BTW, the idea wasn't original to me. Canjunclassical around here had talked about it and mentioned it on her blog, and she got the idea from someone else's blog, a CMer.

We made our own by right-clicking to save pics we found online and printing them inexpensively as 4X6 pics at walgreens.

Exactly! I find images I want on the Internet and paste four to a page. Then I upload the whole thing to FedexKinkos and in an hour I go down the street and pick up my beautiful cards. For next to nothing they'll cut them also -- I always have that done.

This way I always have cards for whatever piece ds and I chose, instead of those that the publisher thought I'd like to use. ;)