Menu

Looking for cheap ornaments

Every year my kids pick out an ornament that sort of represents their favorite thing at that time (star wars, pokemon, littlest pet shop, cheap stuff like that). I always get them at Wal-Mart or Target. I guess I didn't shop early enough this year because I just hauled all 4 kids to both stores and found NOTHING. Is there any place online I can get these silly things cheap? Ebay is too expensive.

I agree with Michaels and Hobby Lobby. We also found some cute ones at a nearby Dollar General last week that were cheap. Or, you could make your own. They could glue pictures to styrofoam balls or the wooden and paper basics that you can find at Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

Every year, I cut up an extra copy of my Christmas card and put the kids' pictures in matching picture frame ornaments. I have gotten the frames at a number of places--Target, Wal-mart, Michael's, Bed Bath & Beyond. If you can't find anything else representative of their passions, perhaps you could find some cheap frame ornaments and put pictures in them that represent whatever it is this year.

Terri

The Red Envelope catalog has a kit that comes with 12 mini canvases (maybe 2"x3") with hanging loops, paint and a brush, so you can paint your own canvases and hang them on the tree. Their kit was crazy-expensive, but if you could find the mini canvases somewhere, perhaps the kids could paint or decoupage something representing their interest.

I'll shut up now.

Terri