Menu

Finals this week! I'll be praying for ds and will pray for yours, too! CC

Chris in VA

Chemistry was definitely the most challenging for ds this semester. That was true of high school too; he thought it was both the most interesting and the most difficult of all his science courses.

He had only one early morning final yesterday, so we did a ride share to finish out the morning by running errands. One of those errands was to pick up his lab manual for next semester. He'd told me earlier this week that he was planning to take a complete break from all things schoolish after that last exam, but then asked if I'd drive home so he could have a look at the labs they'll be doing next semester :D.

DD's grades just came in the mail. She got a 3.78 overall. Her two finals that could have affected her grades significantly brought her C up to a B, and her B+ up to an A!!

Thanks for the prayers during finals week!

Have a Merry Christmas with your college kids!

Blessings,

Leanna

Congrats, nice Christmas gift.

Congrats to those who are done!!

Congrats to those who have their kids home!!

And congrats to Leanna and others who are getting their grades back! :) (3.78 is really impressive!)

We picked up our daughter today and are so happy to have her home. The house seems . . . busier, noisier . . . in a good way, though. ;) She is waiting on grades now. She has three grades already but is waiting on two more.

Like so many of our WTM students, chemistry was her real nemesis this semester. She had a phenomenal professor, but it was just a really tough class. She will continue on with the second semester of it next semester and also add biology in.

I pray for those who are still travelling, especially in light of the huge snow storm on the East Coast!

We're doing a happy dance tonight! All his grades are in and ds managed an A in General Chemistry with a 4.0 overall. I'm breathing a sigh of relief after wondering for the past four years how mommy grades and a homemade transcript would hold up. Our high school years got off to a rough start, and I'm so thankful that ds has made the transition to college.

We thank all of you for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Congratulations to all our young people for their hard work this semester, and I hope y'all have a wonderful holiday.

Martha

We're doing a happy dance tonight! All his grades are in and ds managed an A in General Chemistry with a 4.0 overall. I'm breathing a sigh of relief after wondering for the past four years how mommy grades and a homemade transcript would hold up. Our high school years got off to a rough start, and I'm so thankful that ds has made the transition to college.

We thank all of you for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Congratulations to all our young people for their hard work this semester, and I hope y'all have a wonderful holiday.

Martha

Wow, Martha! :D A 4.0? I don't even know what to say. That's fantastic! Congrats to your son!!

Wow, Martha! :D A 4.0? I don't even know what to say. That's fantastic! Congrats to your son!!

Thank you, Lynn! He worked hard, and what I'm even more pleased with, managed to steady himself at mid-term when he was clearly struggling. He also gives a lot of credit to all the prayers and good thoughts from the parents here; they were a great encouragement to him.

Well, we are rejoicing because our oldest and our Ukrainian guest passed all their classes. The oldest got a C in physics 2, despite worrying that he was going to have to retake it. And his other grades were higher. Phew. Now we just need to see how our middle one (freshman) did. And we need to hope the oldest excersizes umm... good judgement. He just left with both our hatchets and the ax to go find us a Christmas tree. We live in suburbia...

-Nan

Oh! And (sorry - a little distracted at the moment) congrats to everyone who has done such a good job. And I hope everyone was safe in their travels. Our son's roommate decided to wait until after the storm to drive south, much to our relief. Perhaps they are growing up. Or perhaps not (thinking of the tree - sigh).

Edited by Nan in Mass

I've been praying for all our kids along with the rest of you, just haven't posted much as it's been Elective Surgery Week (or two weeks, if you're counting) around here!

Dd got her dual credit grades back. She made a 99% on the Art History bear of a final!!! (She studied her patooskie off and got an 85% on the midterm.) She is breathing a sigh of relief to get an A in that class.

In her Drawing Fundamentals class she got an A as well, with a 97% on her portfolio review. That was what she'd been expecting, but she's thankful nothing went south unexpectedly.

In her 3.5 credit online unit study class (Torrey, Foundations of American Thought) she'll have her end of semester in late January, but with extra work she's hoping to get a good grade for the semester. :) (Those writers are not easy!)

We've had Christmases where the predominant message from a child was a sort of I'm-trying-to-forget-you-exist-and-Christmas-makes-me-remember-so-I'm-trying-to-ignore-it-too. You just have to take things on faith some years. And then there are years where they are more openly loving. The big thing is not to say anything that makes everyone has to remember and regret in future, better years. At least you have a grandchild to snuggle.

Hugs.

-Nan

Everyone is done. Everyone is home. Everyone passed everything, and the only class that needs to be retaken is calculus for my middle one, which was no surprise. His grade point average came out ok because he did well in the other courses. He managed an A- in Fundamentals of Engineering!!!!! This child is SO not an engineer. Apparently, being surrounded by engineers makes him not unintelligent about the concepts, though, and he managed to memorize the large amount of material required for it. He is only in the class because they make all the freshman take the same classes so they don't have to decide their major until the beginning of the second year. The oldest got a C in physics 2, the class he was so worried about, so he is happy. All their other grades were As or Bs. Thank you so much everyone for your prayers and good thoughts!

-Nan

We've had Christmases where the predominant message from a child was a sort of I'm-trying-to-forget-you-exist-and-Christmas-makes-me-remember-so-I'm-trying-to-ignore-it-too. You just have to take things on faith some years. And then there are years where they are more openly loving. The big thing is not to say anything that makes everyone has to remember and regret in future, better years. At least you have a grandchild to snuggle.

Hugs.

-Nan

Thanks for the reminder, Nan, to make every effort to not say something I might regret later. I want to keep as many doors open as possible for our relationship.

We are now here in CO. So far she has been pleasant and cheerful, if rather scarce. We are celebrating Christmas Day in our hotel room. Yay for 2 bedroom suites! Our suite is actually almost the same size as the apartment my girls share and actually has a dining table which the apartment sorely lacks. We can cook our full meal here (though my dh is baking the apple pie over at the apartment) and both girls, my SIL, my younger daughter's boyfriend, and of course the baby will join me, my dh, and my son for the day.

Oh, and good news on the college front: younger dd pulled off her first 4.0 since starting college! She's maintained a good cummulative GPA throughout but this is the first time she's had a semester this good. It seems that coming out to CO has had its good points for her.