Menu

TOG bloggers....share your blog with me.

caitlinsmom

I am looking to see how people really implement TOG. I downloaded their 3 week schedual the other night and have been reading it. It sounds great, seems to be a little heavy on paper usage though! (as in it took me something like 100 pages to print and I didnt even print everything!) :)

When ordering the print version do you have huge binders loaded with millions of papers like Sonlight?

Anyway I want to see it actually used.

I don't have a blog, but the TM's are much bigger than Sonlight ever was. Think 4 binders of Sonlight width for each year plan. Yes -it's very heavy on paper usage.

Beth

Not really....It is digital now. They are going all digital but will send you a printed copy of the student's stuff per your request.

Holly

In terms of blogs, you can search back on the boards a while and will come across some. Maybe even doing a general google search for TOG blogs may help.

I know Barb at Harmony Art mom talks alot about using TOG at the rhetoric level. WTMindy at Magnum Opus has dialectic and Karenciavo's blog has some good stuff (copywork, workbooks) for grammar stage. Trivium Academy isn't around here anymore (I miss her!) but her blog had a ton of stuff about TOG as well as other great ideas.

On those ladies blogs you'll see some sidebar info on other TOG users. There is something like a blog carnival for TOG or named something similar, if I think of what it is, I'll link it later.

Those should keep you busy for a long while :)

Any specific ?s ask away. Tons of TOG users here.

I just thought, after seeing you're a "larvae" or kinda new. If I (just my 2cents) were buying TOG, I'd get the digital.

They change the booklists and accompanying lit. sheets when a book goes out of print. They make corrections occasionally and add or reorganize resources (as in the 2nd printing of year 2 lit).

As a result of those changes, TOG improves for us as teachers. With digital, you get those changes.

I have classic and redes. My only purchase will NEED to be a new Year 3 but I'm seriously considering upgrading to all digital. It's that much better :)

HTH

I am looking to see how people really implement TOG. I downloaded their 3 week schedual the other night and have been reading it. It sounds great, seems to be a little heavy on paper usage though! (as in it took me something like 100 pages to print and I didnt even print everything!) :)

When ordering the print version do you have huge binders loaded with millions of papers like Sonlight?

Anyway I want to see it actually used.

I use DE, and I really don't print that much. I look at the reading assignments on screen and copy down the various assignments into a check off type of planner I designed. I will print out the writing assignments page relevant to my son's level along with any Writing Aids sheets needed, and the maps for the week. I also print the student activity pages for my son's level. I will occasionally print out the teacher's notes, and that would be the largest print job of the week. I only do this when we are travelling, and I print it double sided. I think this week I printed 8 pages. I don't mind reading on my computer at all, but I know some people do. I don't have a blog, but I will be happy to share how we do our week or answer any questions. There are a few yahoo groups too.