Menu

Which level of Hey, Andrew! should I order?

cylau

My son has done The Greek Alphabet Code Cracker. I am planning to let him try Hey, Andrew! in January. He is almost 8 and he is pretty good with languages. I am wondering what level I should order. Also, what do I need to order (workbook, TE, flashcard, answer key, pronounciation CD and reader)?

The first two books of Hey Andrew teach basically just the alphabet and a very few words. The first books move very, very slowly. The 3rd book moves too quickly in my estimation with not enough explanation. What I would do if I were you is to maybe take this year to slowly review for fun the alphabet using HA book 2 (or whatever they label it; I'd have to go dig out the book) then next year I'd use the Greek books from Open Texture. OR you could just use Song School Greek. I am not familar with Song School Greek so I don't know if you'd consider it too babyish for him? But it looks like you really learn some Greek from it!

Thanks! I will look into Elementary Greek and Song School Greek.

I am open to suggestions! What is a good program to use after The Greek Alphabet Code Cracker? He knows the alphabets. The book barely touched on consonant blends, vowels and diphthongs. That's about it!