Menu

ds was in e.r. for post operative pneumonia

my son had surgery 9 days ago. he was sore but doing fine until Tuesday night when he started running a low grade fever and coughing. I figured it was either a cold or mild flu. Fever went away Wed but coughing continued and then late last night, he started making really strange breathing sounds so dh took him to the emergency room. They took an xray and sent him home with antibotics. Dh and ds got home about 3:30 am. I gave him the antibotics early this morning and he threw them up. I called his doctor and he said to take him back to er which I did at 10:00 am. They put him on an I.V. with antibotics until 3:00. They told me it as post operative pneumonia which I had never heard of. Talk about scary. He is back home and of course we will be keeping a good eye on him. I thought it was just a mild cold or mild flu until he started with the strange breathing, they even tested for swine flu which it was not.