Menu

A good Christmas present for any southerners with new students in the north...

Nan in Mass

My senior is getting snow boots under the tree this year along with some thermals. Rarely needed in the mid-south but I would think a must in mid-IN. (I don't know why I act as if I don't know anything about cold and snowy, I used to live in Chicagoland and in Germany?! But be a senior mom moment! haha)

Any other must-haves?

just this weekend, my ds took his friend (who is from Hawaii) to the mall and helped him pick out a winter coat. He asked my son a few weeks ago whether he would need a coat warmer than a raincoat with a fleece lining. We all got a good laugh over that.

Another good gift idea would be some waterproof hiking shoes or comfortable mid-rise boots for walking around campus in both the snow and also the spring "muck" that seems to last forever in the early spring in cold areas.

Brenda

Even though we live in the north (Ohio), I still had to buy warmer coats, hats, gloves, and boots for my DD. I was surprised when she wanted a knee length down parka last Christmas, but she says she couldn't survive without it. It's a lot different walking across campus several times a day in the bitter wind vs. darting from house to car to Co-op classes in your cute little wool coat.;)

Leanna