Menu

Opinions on KISS grammar?

Lenora in MD

I have a friend whose son has been working through the second grade workbook and she can really see the results.

I love it but it was too much for my 2nd grader right now. I plan on using it next year and working with the workbooks a year behind.

The method is great and she uses real literature for her examples.

Someone suggested putting it on a disc and taking it to a copy place. I don't know how much that costs. Also, I think you could just print out the pages you need, in black and white if necessary, and not print out the answer keys and instructor notes. That cuts the printing in half.

They only have workbooks for the 2nd and 3rd grade right now. I think more are in the works. The rest of the stuff is impossible to navigate.

• 11 months later...

If I was content to use the 2nd grade books with my older kids I would have used it, but it was too easy for too long. Basically, I had trouble using the website and making it work for me. But if you can get over that hump, I think its a good program.

If I was content to use the 2nd grade books with my older kids I would have used it, but it was too easy for too long. Basically, I had trouble using the website and making it work for me. But if you can get over that hump, I think its a good program.

I can understand. We are using the Level 1 of the individual lessons so basically I'm choosing the literature selections for my 4th and 5th graders which have been selections from our spelling dictation. However, if someone doesn't have the time to organize the individual levels, the graded workbook levels would be the next best thing which has everything planned out by Dr. Vavrar. Unfortunately, the upper graded levels are not yet completed but they are in revision. I have finally faced the fact that I'm a control freak in the curriculum area so it works out great. LOL!

We used this program for awhile, and I was very happy with it. The only reason we stopped is that I felt my daughter was getting sufficient grammar instruction from our Latin program, so it seemed unnecessary. But if you want a separate grammar program, I think this is a great one. I like the way it teaches. The website is a bit confusing at first, but you get the hang of it. I printed out only the exercises for my daughter to do, and only in black-and-white, not the answer keys or anything else, so I felt it was very cost effective too.