Menu

Cat wellness question

I noticed yesterday that my kitty had a bald spot on her back. Kind of in the middle of her back. The spot looks oozy and pink but no real blood. It looks the same today. Just now my oldest called me upstairs - kitty has 3 more bald spots, this time on her head. One is just a bald spot with a small bump in the middle. One is near her ear and has 3 bumps and the oozy look. The last is in the middle of her head and has the same oozy look as her back but no bumps.

It has been a while since we put flea stuff on her. She hasn't been acting strange or anything. She doesn't care if I mess with the fur in the areas, just that she doesn't want to be held. I mean it's not moving her fur that is causing her anxiety, it's being held at all. OH! We went away for Thanksgiving and since we got back her coat feels waxy to me. Just to me, no one else notices anything.

Any ideas?

def vet exam time

could be ringworm

It could also be flea allergy...or maybe change of food?

anyway - vet check is in order.

I almost posted something similar yesterday. My cat has developed a balding patch on his back, at the base of his spine. His skin is a little warm there but is otherwise intact. He seems to feel fine, and is acting normally. We changed to canned EVO/Innova about a month ago, based on some threads on this board. Do I need to supplement with something?

Sorry to hijack.

Edited by Perry

My cat is naked!!! Well..his hair is sort of growing back now. He has a horrible allergy to flea bites. Everytime he gets bit, he gets a reaction...which gets infected...which makes him tear out his hair.

The solution...after spending mucho buckos at the ver ($75 every 2 weeks)

Frontline ALL of the animals every 3 weeks. Vacuum...vacuum ....vacuum! use a flea collar chopped up in the bag to kill any fleas or eggs.

Clean and spray everything.

Because frontline and vacuuming actually make the fleas wake up and bite...my cat was miserable...so I put a flea collar on him. That made the difference...the collar was the point where he started feeling better. We are 3 months down the line...and He is finally looking better....YEESH!!!!

His hair is finally coming in...and he doesn't have any more lumpy scabby things on his skin.

~~Faithe

My cat is naked!!! Well..his hair is sort of growing back now. He has a horrible allergy to flea bites. Everytime he gets bit, he gets a reaction...which gets infected...which makes him tear out his hair.

The solution...after spending mucho buckos at the ver ($75 every 2 weeks)

Frontline ALL of the animals every 3 weeks. Vacuum...vacuum ....vacuum! use a flea collar chopped up in the bag to kill any fleas or eggs.

Clean and spray everything.

Because frontline and vacuuming actually make the fleas wake up and bite...my cat was miserable...so I put a flea collar on him. That made the difference...the collar was the point where he started feeling better. We are 3 months down the line...and He is finally looking better....YEESH!!!!

His hair is finally coming in...and he doesn't have any more lumpy scabby things on his skin.

~~Faithe

By the way, the vet thought it was a food allergy....but I really think it was all flea allergy.