Menu

Real science 4 kids prelev 1 vs level 1 chem

workingmom

We're finishing up prelevel 1 chem and ds liked it and mentioned we should do level one chem next. Just wanted to know if the experiments will be different or the same. While prelevel was a bit basic in the actual textbook reading the experiments were fine. Any advice on if we should go to the next level or do something else?

It's been awhile since I looked at level I. My 1st impression was that they were similar so I chose not to do them back to back but to take a year and do physics. Then come back and do level I. It goes a bit deeper than pre-level I. I did pre-level I when my son was in 1st grade I believe. This year, as a 4th grader, we're doing Chemistry for the Grammar Stage along w/ RS4K level I and to take it deeper for my 4th grader, McHenry's Elements.

I have both levels going right now. The experiments are almost exactly the same. The biggest difference is in the depth (more materials for each experiment, more difficult questions, etc.). Working the two levels together has been nice since m 2 kids are covering the same material, but I don't think you would want to go right from one to the other (unless you specifically wanted to repeat the same information to solidify it).