Menu

A few specific questions....elderberry, probiotics, vitamins D&C, etc.

I purchased the following for my DD's: Vitamin C, Vitamin D, a multi vitamin, and probiotics. These can all be taken together, daily, right? I'm not really "in the know" about all this stuff LOL. Just want to make sure I'm not overdosing them on something....if that's possible.

The probiotic I bought for kids is primadolpilus. I thought that probiotics were acidolphilus. What's the difference?

Elderberry syrup....I looked at this but did not purchase it. Is it something that you take on a daily basis? Or only when you are sick? Can this be used together with Oscillococonuim? Or should you only need to use one of them?

Has anyone ever heard/used Phytocillin? My friend uses it all the time when her kids are sick. And olive leaf extract. What would the benefits of them be? The same or different than the Elderberry syrup and Oscillo? Which ones should we take when we are sick?

IMHO, I would give the Vitamin C at a different time than the multi since very high doses will cause gastro-issues. I would not, give the Vitamin D supplement with a multi without having the Vitamin D levels checked since it is toxic in high doses and not water soluble (meaning you do not pee out excess).

Hope that helps. I can look up the dosage numbers for you if you would like just PM me.