Menu

Do you have a pillow you absolutely love?

Ten years ago I got a Tempurpedic pillow. I absolutely love it. Then each of my kids got one. My dh refused to give in, saying he did not like them. But six months ago after we were rear-ended he agreed to try one (and after I got so tired of replacing regular pillows). Now he swears by it and says it has greatly improved his sleep. I also just got a new one that is a side sleeper. They are a large investment for a pillow, but definitely worth it!

Oh man it's sad and pathetic!! Easily 15 years ago or more I swiped my dad's pillow when we were visiting. It is down and I love it. It is so very worn out but I'm not sure how I can part with it!! I really don't think I will find another like this one. I'm thinking it's like my security blanket!!

We really like talalay latex pillows. They are hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, mildew proof and dust mite resistant, though best of all they are SO comfortable. When we travel we bring them along.

I also like latex pillows. They hold their shape forever. They spring back just enough for me. They aren't very expensive. I got some at Linens and Things or Bed Bath and Beyond (whichever one is still in business), I think.

My husband works for Select Comfort so we get a LOT of their DNI stuff. Their 5" Gridzone memory foam pillows are amazing. They're contoured to fit the curve or your neck, and their surface is in a grid pattern to keep them from getting too warm, which is a big problem with memory foam in the summer. They've got this semi-new thing in their stores where you can build your own custom pillow, so if you want a firm foam core and a down outer layer (for instance), you can. It's very cool and you can get exactly what you want that way.

We purchased a memory foam pillow from Target. The pillow reeked of chemicals! I did some online searching and found out that this is common and that the smell would go away after a week or so. The chemical smell was due to the flame retardants -- some of which have been known as hormone disruptors and linked to certain types of cancer. We do not use the pillow. They do make natural "memory foam" that aren't full of harmful chemicals... these are more expensive, but I think the price is worth it.