Menu

Would you get a Brock Magiscope for a 4-year-old?

LittleIzumi

She's a huge science buff but still has the same reflexes/care of her things as a normal 4-year-old. :confused: She has one of the little handheld microscopes but I think she's disappointed that she can't get remotely close to viewing cells on it. The most we get is the colored dots on a brown piece of paper.

My DD 5 is really into science. We've debated about microscopes but we are afraid she won't get the most of it at this age and we'll buy the wrong type. She hates to put things up to her eyes, so it would have to be the kind that has a big viewer or hooks up to a tv.

For wanting to see what cells look like. We found Ein-O Science BioSigns models of different types of cells. We have a model of a bacteria cell and virus cell. These are easier for her to manipulate and take apart and figure out the parts. The age listed on the box is 7+.

The Brock would be great for a 4 year old. Ours holds up to regular use by my 4 older boys. The light intake part did crack when my husband knocked it off the bookshelf, but it still works fine so I haven't bothered to get it fixed. I keep the extra lens things out of reach, though, because my crew would lose them otherwise.

It has a lifetime warranty and is easy to use. She will love it! :)