Menu

Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding--Do you use this?

Veritaserum

Yep! :001_smile: And I definitely give it rave reviews!

As a warning, it feels difficult to schedule at first. Very difficult! :tongue_smilie: But as you read through it in order of how you'd present it, skipping around through the threads instead of from page one to the end, it really makes a ton of sense. We're using it lightly for kindergarten this year and supplementing with extra experiments and the recommended library books, and even my 3-year-old is grasping some of it! I really love how it encourages children (and parents!) to ask questions and truly ***think*** about science. If nothing else, for the price, I think it's a remarkable resource to have for science discussions.

We used it for a while. I still highly recommend it. It's quite comprehensive and has solid science. Given different circumstances, I'd continue to use it. In fact, I was quite reluctant to let it go.

I just switched to Mr. Q http://www.eequalsmcq.com/ My main issue was prep time. I have a high schooler, 3rd grader and work about 30hours every week. I just didn't have time to do justice to this curriculum. I'll continue to use it as reference. I give it 2 thumbs up if you have time.

Guest Alte Veste Academy

Do a BFSU title only thread search and you'll find some good reading about planning BFSU and the pros and cons. For me, the concept is better than execution, although the concept is so good that it is worth it to many (obviously, as indicated by the wonderful reviews) to go with it.

Do a BFSU title only thread search and you'll find some good reading about planning BFSU and the pros and cons. For me, the concept is better than execution, although the concept is so good that it is worth it to many (obviously, as indicated by the wonderful reviews) to go with it.

Thanks for the abbreviation. :) That helped my searching.