Menu

If your booKs are voluminous, how do you shop for booKshelves?

IF you know what I mean (said in my best Chandler impression) :lol:

I hate hate hate shopping in the stores. It's so hard to find time to go without the kids, and I have to try on every bra in the store to find something that comes even close to working. Of course, the last time I did this, I found a style that was perfect (so comfortable), but could only find one in the store in my size. Mysteriously, I couldn't track any down online. Of course they had been discontinued. I finally bought a few more off eBay, but now I can't find them anywhere.

My mom seems to get lucky online, but I can't imagine not trying them on first because every bra seems to fit so differently in spite of the size on the label. Is there some trick to buying bras that I'm unaware of? How do you find bras that work for you?

TIA!

Edited by melissel

For any size: Macy's. When you find one you like, but several. It's the only way. Also, you can scoop a bunch up in various sizes and bring them home to try on. Don't take off the tags so you can return what doesn't work.

Try Target! Even Walmart. My fav bra is actually not from Macy's, although I have had good luck there.

Worst place to get good help with bras-- Victoria's Secret. Staff knows *nothing*.

If you can locate an old fashioned ladies undergarment shop, go there. I once got fitted perfectly for a bra at a fantastic shop in Brookline, MA on Beacon St. I was young and had never bf or been pregnant and still she said to me pretty much as walked in, 'That bra does not fit you!" I was embarrassed, but boy, did I love the bra she sold me. That old lady absolutely knew what she was doing! Of course now that bra would maybe fit around ....one book.

Edited by LibraryLover

Bali outlets store. The outlet stores always have more than one.

They measure you and recommend a size. Then you tell them what styles you want, and they lead you to styles like that. In your size. Then you go and try them on, and they check on you. Constantly. So you never end up getting all re-dressed just to go outside and find the next size down or whatever.

Then, when you have found the perfect two styles of your dreams that fit you just right, you can ask them to find you some more of those exact models, either in the same or different colors.

Then you can afford to buy 2-3 of each of them, because, get this, it is an outlet store! So everything is MUCH cheaper than in the department stores! And, they have frequent buyer cards and monthly specials.

So, to summarize:

Great fit

Great selection

Great service

Low prices

I also hate going to stores to find bras...but I ventured out on Saturday and found some great sales at JC Penney. They had a half price sale that may be still going. I had measured before I went, and then tried on 4 different sizes to be sure, and fell in love with Bali and Vanity Fair. Oh, I am in bra heaven. :D 40DD

Lane Bryant...we went yesterday and they are having a "Buy One, Get One 50% off" sale.

They have excellent sales staff that will assist you in getting a good fit, etc.

I've had good luck there too. But the only Lane Bryant store I know of in our area isn't there anymore! I'll have to see if they've moved or if there is another store somewhere closeby.

I get all of mine at www.ladygrace.com

LOL! :lol: I got all excited thinking that there was an online place to buy BOOKSHELVES (yes, i even read all the posts about "processing") and still was shocked to see women in bras! I, too was going to say IKEA, but after that realized that i was way off! all i can say is...it's late. time for bed. have fun shopping for your um...intimate apparel.

LOL! :lol: I got all excited thinking that there was an online place to buy BOOKSHELVES (yes, i even read all the posts about "processing") and still was shocked to see women in bras! I, too was going to say IKEA, but after that realized that i was way off! all i can say is...it's late. time for bed. have fun shopping for your um...intimate apparel.

The trick is noticing the capital K in booKshelves. That's the clue that we're talking about housing booKs, not books that you read!

I've had good luck there too. But the only Lane Bryant store I know of in our area isn't there anymore! I'll have to see if they've moved or if there is another store somewhere closeby.

There is one in Redmond, at Bear Creek Village. It is between the Safeway store and Panera Bread.

I don't know what size you're looking for, but the absolute best "fitters" I have *ever* encountered were at Frederick's of Hollywood. Their sizes go up to 42F, depending on the style (as far as I can see online), and they have *no* dowdy bras. Even their full cup bras have pretty fabric.

I found the construction to be good, and the prices are great (less than $20 a piece when you buy 2? How can you beat that?). They have a 90 day return for any reason policy, but you must pay shipping.

My sister used to say that their bras fit so well because women wore them for a living. :eek:

a