Menu

I created an Advent website!

Here is my first attempt. I've been posting all the things my family does to celebrate advent. We take off regular school for all of November and do what the kids call "Christmas School". Here is the link:

http://www.wildwoodlearning.com/advent/advent.html

I would love to hear some feedback on it. Now that I've finally figured out how to get it up there, things should be easy to edit. I appreciate your thoughts!

Here is my first attempt. I've been posting all the things my family does to celebrate advent. We take off regular school for all of November and do what the kids call "Christmas School". Here is the link:

http://www.wildwoodlearning.com/advent/advent.html

I would love to hear some feedback on it. Now that I've finally figured out how to get it up there, things should be easy to edit. I appreciate your thoughts!

Like the site! We do Christmas school too! It is a nice break for me, and the kids really enjoy it.

What a wonderful resource!

I will say that we use different names and scriptures for the Advent Wreath candles-. In our house, the first is for the prophets, the second for the angel to Mary, the third for Mary (which is why in the Catholic resource the Mother reads that week's devotion), and the last for the Shepherds.

What an awesome "one stop shop" for all kinds of ideas. I love the idea of "Christmas School" too. I'm going to mull that over tonight. It might just work since we are going on a vacation from the 7th - 15th and will be off anyways...

Just today I got all my supplies for the Advent wreath candle holder. I was easily able to find the purple and pink candles, but as that seems Catholic, I'm not sure I will use them. We're not. I guess it's fine though. Maybe all white or something.

Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Just today I got all my supplies for the Advent wreath candle holder. I was easily able to find the purple and pink candles, but as that seems Catholic, I'm not sure I will use them. We're not. I guess it's fine though. Maybe all white or something.

QUOTE]

I think those colors are typical for Advent calendars... for any Christian denomination. The white candle is sometimes put in the center on Christmas Day as a "Christ Candle."

Thank you, guys! Wow! What an encouragement! If you see anything in need of fixing, give a holler.

My husband and I started putting it together last week and realized if we were going to have it ready to share we needed to boogie. Lots of bleary-eyed late nights went into posting that first week, so I will not be surprised to find lots of errors.

Oh! And if anyone has anything else to share with it, I'd love more ideas, links, crafts, etc. Please share your favorites!