Menu

PLEASE tell me where you've found the best deal on a Wii!!

I'm sick of combing sales flyers!

I know NOTHING about video games, or their ilk.

My total experience with them is our little-used Atari system back when I was a young teen in 1982.

So......we are a family of four-- dh, me, dd (12, who heretofore has had ZERO interest in anything related to video games!) and my mom, who is 75. Surprisingly, it's actually my MOM who wants the Wii!! She wants it for Wii fit, and all the fun games she hears her friends talking about! ;-)

So....I know I need at least two nunchuks or whatever they are called, but I keep seeing these "bundles" for sale and it's making my head spin!

What do I NEED for the four of us to have fun?!

And should I stop chasing sales and just buy it at a convenient place? We do not shop in WalMart, so I'd like an alternative, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

astrid

I recommend going to Gamestop. They have a better return policy than just about everybody else and they also have used systems. The Wii Fit Plus is better than Wii Fit, so that's what I'd recommend. You need two remotes and two nunchucks. I also recommend getting a charger system. The remotes burn through batteries pretty fast. The Wii Fit board doesn't burn through them as much.

Angie, thanks so much for this advice!

Are used/refurbished systems reliable? It's not like we have teenage boys who might use it every waking hour--- I expect that it will have light use.

Do you think it might be an option for us? Do they become obsolete, meaning, if we buy "Guitar Hero" new, will the refurbished Wii run it?

Thanks SO much, again--- your advice is so helpful!

astrid

They have a great return policy. If it doesn't work, take it back and they will exchange it or refund your money - whichever you want to do.

Our Wii is actually borrowed from a friend. He had XBOX360, Playstation, Gamecube, and Wii. He hadn't touched his Wii in a full year and offered it to us when I said that we were going to buy one.

The Nintendo DSLite the kids have was bought used from Gamestop 2 years ago - no problems. The Animal Crossing game we bought to go with it was used and didn't work - they exchanged it immediately for a new one.

They have a one-week return policy on used games. You can return a used game for ANY reason - even if you just decided that you don't like it - as long as it is within one week of when you bought it and you bring in the receipt with it.

The return policy on used items is better than the return policy on new.

The GameStop Edge card gives you a discount only on items purchased used. It has been well-worth the cost.

Our Wii-Fit board and game were bought used and still work great.

If all four of you want to play at the same time, you need four Wii remotes.

The nunchucks are added to the Wii motes for only some games.......you would not necessarily need 4 of them.

We are new into the Wii world..and have only one remote. It works if you a re doing bowling or golf and can just pass the Wiimote back and forth.

But our 2nd game is the newest Mario game and it is a multi player game and you need a Wiimote for each player . You do not need the nunchuck to play that particular game. I can't even rmember when the nunchuck thingy did get used..it adds motion or action or something to the Wiimote.

(Our DD and her hubby brought their Wii motes along with them when they were visiting last week. The cutest thing was our 3 rd old grandson who was holding the 5th Wiimote which was not connected to anything and he was sure he was playing and he was having a ball!)

I did notice this past weekend that a new black version of the Wiimote and nunchuck just came out and one of our stores was doing a promotion where if you bought both the black Wiimote and black nunchuck, they gave you back a $20.00 store gift card.

do you need a full wii to use the wii fit? Or can you just buy a wii fit? without a full wii???
I was confused about this, also. You must buy the full Wii console and THEN you can use a Wii Fit, which includes the balance board as well as the Wii Fit software.

BTW, we LOVE our Wii Fit. Lots of fun! I never knew that any and every exercise could be scored by a computer! Competitive yoga: what a concept! :thumbup:

I ordered from Amazon a few days ago. Buy a Wii and Wii fit and get a $50 Amazon card. I used the card to get some games.

I still need more remotes....they are so darn expensive! I am hoping for a deal before Christmas. No deals yet.

Dawn

My 14 year old informed me that the nunchuck is needed for boxing in WiiFit, basketball in DecaSports and several Mario games. I'm also interested in knowing what is better about WiiFitplus. I hadn't heard of it until now. I'm out of the loop when it comes to video stuff, but my kids love it. I do enjoy WiiFit once in awhile.

do you need a full wii to use the wii fit? Or can you just buy a wii fit? without a full wii???

The wii fit is a wii game. Some of the activities require the balance board,but it's just another type of controller. You also need a wii remote and the nunchuk controller for certain games.

My 14 year old informed me that the nunchuck is needed for boxing in WiiFit, basketball in DecaSports and several Mario games. I'm also interested in knowing what is better about WiiFitplus. I hadn't heard of it until now. I'm out of the loop when it comes to video stuff, but my kids love it. I do enjoy WiiFit once in awhile.

There is a video about WiiFit Plus on amazon's site.