Menu

Who here has a BodyBugg, and do I want one?

I could use a little extra motivation in the area of exercise. I'm already eating the right amount of calories, and I'm frustrated that I'm not losing weight. I know exercise is a missing component, and I'm going to begin a purposeful exercise plan (really! :tongue_smilie:). I'd also really like to become more aware of existing activity within my normal daily routine, and I think that's where the BodyBugg might be helpful. At this point, I'm willing to pay some money for the motivation. If the BodyBugg helps me become motivated to be more active, and if that in turn saves me even two trips to the doctor's office later on, then it's worth the $$. If you have one, what do you think of it?

I have one, like it but only use it for a couple weeks at a time and then get tired of wearing it and the results are so consistent that it is easy for me to put it aside.

You do need the online part of it if you really want to make use of it. The information is very helpful. It was a weird sidelight to see my sleep cycles - when I was at rock bottom metabolically at night and when I was tossing and turning and burning calories.

It seems pretty accurate to me and I was pretty successful with it. It is a good motivator to see that calories burned line going way up on the graph and having the net calories be negative.

The one I have is 2 years old so the newer, smaller model may not have as much of a problem, but mine really burns through the batteries. Also, I sometimes feel selfconscious wearing it out in public when I have short sleeves on. For it to be effective, you really have to wear it 24/7 (except during showers).

You also get a counseling session when you first sign up and add the online stuff. The gal I talked to was very nice.

I think I will go dig mine out of the drawer...

honestly, if you expect to get the exercise you need doing your everyday routine, you are going to be disappointed. your body is used to that level of activity...shake things up a bit, get out of your comfort zone! challenge yourself and you'll be surprized at the results. i told a guy at the gym (when he asked how i do it) that i've had to learn to love the things i used to hate...and now i do love to sweat and weight train and even do lunges! good luck!

honestly, if you expect to get the exercise you need doing your everyday routine, you are going to be disappointed. your body is used to that level of activity...shake things up a bit, get out of your comfort zone! challenge yourself and you'll be surprized at the results. i told a guy at the gym (when he asked how i do it) that i've had to learn to love the things i used to hate...and now i do love to sweat and weight train and even do lunges! good luck!

Nope, as I said, I'm adding a regular exercise routine, but I'm interested in *also* including positive improvements to my regular daily activities, and I'd like to be able to determine which improvements are the most helpful. Thanks for the reinforcement about regular exercise though!:001_smile: