Menu

Strange red spot on my face - what could it be?

I have a red spot, about the size of a pea, but flat, about an inch below my eye and about an inch to the right of my nose. It looks like a small group of broken capillaries. Its been there for several months now. I have no idea what it is or how it got there...or how to get rid of it. Its not a clogged pore and I don't think its the result of a zit.

I had the exact same thing in the same location when I was a teen, but on the other side of my face. Then, after a few years, it just went away.

I don't suppose anyone knows what this is or has had something similar??

I have a red spot, about the size of a pea, but flat, about an inch below my eye and about an inch to the right of my nose. It looks like a small group of broken capillaries. Its been there for several months now. I have no idea what it is or how it got there...or how to get rid of it. Its not a clogged pore and I don't think its the result of a zit.

I had the exact same thing in the same location when I was a teen, but on the other side of my face. Then, after a few years, it just went away.

I don't suppose anyone knows what this is or has had something similar??

Well, I got a dialated blood vessel on my forehead when I was pregnant with Moose. It's a small red dot, about the size of a pin head. Just came up out of nowhere. When I asked my ob/gyn about it, she said I shouldn't look so close in the mirror, because *no one else would see it but me. :D

I still have it. It's even smaller now, and I have no idea what caused it.

Guest RecumbentHeart
Well, I got a dialated blood vessel on my forehead when I was pregnant with Moose. It's a small red dot, about the size of a pin head. Just came up out of nowhere. When I asked my ob/gyn about it, she said I shouldn't look so close in the mirror, because *no one else would see it but me. :D

I still have it. It's even smaller now, and I have no idea what caused it.

slightly OT but I've heard the mysterious appearance of red dots is common with pregnancy. I've had a few show up myself, in fact, .. I can see 3 without looking far. :D

I just read something really interesting, though. An article suggested chammomile and Vit C as natural remedies for broken capillaries on the face.

When I was about 19, I started using a moisturizer containing Vit C. Shortly thereafter, the red spot that plagued me for years magically disappeared. I just finally stopped using that same cream about a year ago in favor for something more age-defying. The red spot came back.

Guess I'll be heading off to find another Vit C cream!

Can we have a pic?

lol! No, it gets covered with two layers of concealer and foundation first thing in the morning. It still shows through, but at least its not a great pink beacon in the sea of white that is my face. I guess it kind of looks like a gigantic, constantly emerging zit...only flat with no noticable bump at all.