Menu

Box Game or Card Game Ideas?

We want to play more games at Christmas this year. We are having company for Christmas and I know they like to play too. There will be 3-6 adults and 3 kids ages 12, 14, & 18.

We have some basics - Monopoly, Risk, and some others I can't think of right now. Our newest was an Apples to Apples game.

Can you give me more game ideas that have been a hit with adults and 12-18 year olds? I'd like a mixture of games that can take hours to play and games that can be done under an hour too.

When we get together as a family we play mexican train dominoes. This only started when my brother met his now fiance because that is what her family did, but it has become not only a huge hit but an expectation. (well my mom and sister don't play they go visit elsewhere, they hate games). My 3 older kids all play so the kids the ages you listed would be fine.

We love playing Sequence... it's a combo card and board game. It is a family favorite.

We also used to play a card game called "Nerts", but that has been banned from holidays because of over zealous players:001_smile: We get together and play it, just not at holiday gatherings. It is a combo of solitare and speed played with a partner. All you need is a deck of cards for each team. It is very fast paced and a lot of fun.

None of my college friends had ever played it before so I don't think many people have heard of it.

I just learned a new game, Revolution. You can play with up to 4 players. It's reminiscent of a European or German game (like Settlers, Traders of Genoa, Puerto Rico, etc...) but it's a little shorter (takes about 45 minutes while the others usually take us about 1.5 hrs for 4 people). I really liked it.

The game designer, Phillip duBarry, is a homeschool dad.

We want to play more games at Christmas this year. We are having company for Christmas and I know they like to play too. There will be 3-6 adults and 3 kids ages 12, 14, & 18.

We have some basics - Monopoly, Risk, and some others I can't think of right now. Our newest was an Apples to Apples game.

Can you give me more game ideas that have been a hit with adults and 12-18 year olds? I'd like a mixture of games that can take hours to play and games that can be done under an hour too.

Try Quiddler!

sheryl <><