Menu

portable dvd player recommendations

hi, any recommendations for a portable dvd player? prefer to be less than $150.00, it is for DD when we go on the dreaded 16 hour drive to Michigan for Christmas, she will be 1 year old. Oh and needs to have a car charger and preferably a house charger too for her grandma's house so she doesn't have to watch grandpa's westerns. Need to know where to buy it also :)

We bought a Philips portable DVD player at Best Buy about this time last year. We got a real steal because it was on clearance for this reason: it has the pink breast cancer symbol in lower right hand corner!!! Since all the breast cancer walks were over, they were clearing them out.

We have had no problems with it. Has a car charger/house plug. We only use it on long trips - like the one we are leaving on to Minnesota this Friday!!! 18 long, long hours!!!:auto:

BUT - I get to see my new granddaughter so it is so worth the drive!:thumbup:

Mine is coming in a few weeks. I signed up for a free trial of roadside assistance through my bank (Wells Fargo) and they are sending me one for free! I don't care the brand if it's free. We're using ours for a 21 hour road trip with our 1yo (and her parents :001_smile:).

Buy the cheapest one you can find. Seriously.

I bought DH a $200 name brand one a few years ago for Christmas. It died withint 3 months! So on Black Friday the following year, I bought a $50 one that WalMart had. The thing is still working today! In fact, Wal Mart is having a deal on them again on Black Friday. They usually have PLENTY, so you should grab one there.

I know for sure both Wal-mart and Target will have these for sale on Black Friday. I think I saw Wal-Mart's was $59, and Target's was $88 but had two screens. Wall chargers normally come with it. Car chargers may not, but you can buy those for $10 or so.

I don't think brands/models make much difference, but just taking care of it and handling with respect will help it last longer. But hey, for these prices, a deal is a deal. If you don't want to fight the crowds, you might be able to purchase them on their websites that morning.

We are driving and our laptop doesn't have a car charger, besides it's a little big for her in the back seat

It might not work then. I just thought I'd mention it.

I needed to replace my power cord and the new one came with several different adapters, including one for the car. We're able to balance the laptop in between the front seats, but it might not work for all cars.