Menu

Anyone have instructions for the no-sew fleece blanket that...

This is the one! Sorry, I posted this on the wrong fleece blanket thread. Here's what my daughter has been doing lately.

My daughter likes to cut out various fleece shapes and use embroidery thread to sew them onto a solid piece of fleece. Then she uses a second piece of fleece as a backing (tying them together on the edges).

She used solid brown fleece (two pieces cut the same size & snipped the edges for tying together). She used scrap orange, red, and yellow fleece to cut out leaf shapes. She sewed them on using the embroidery thread and then used brown buttons in the middle for acorns. It was a really cute blanket. She made it for a gift and I don't have a picture though (duh).

I do have a picture of one of her early attempts. She made the first one for her doll. Here it is! A link to her blog post about it.

http://buttercupsecretgarden.blogspot.com/2009/07/sew-much-fun.html

That was her first one. There are so many different things you could do with this idea.

Edited by Daisy