Menu

I need easy kid friendly international recipes that taste good!

From India - Sweet Cashew Balls

1 cup water

1/4 cup sugar

1 tablespoon condensed milk

1 teaspoon ground cardamon seeds (optional)

1 cup roasted cashew nuts, ground

20 whole cashew nuts

Boil water in a small pan with sugar, stirring until you get a thick syrup. Then add condensed milk and ground cardamon seeds. Add about 3/4 cup of the ground cashew nuts and stir until pasty.

Pour onto a tray and cool. Next, with clean hands, make small one inch balls. Roll each ball in the rest of the ground cashews. Arrange on a serving plate and gently place one cashew on top of each ball.

My kids love these and do them pretty much on their own. We don't use the cardamon seeds.

Easy International Recipes for Kids

We like falafel. :)

From the Lebanese food section:

Falafels are chick pea/garbanzo bean balls. They're a delicious no-meat Lebanese recipe that kids will love.

Quick Falafel

2 8 ounce cans chick peas (garbanzo beans)

1/2 cup fresh parsley

2 cloves of garlic, minced

1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)

2 teaspoons ground coriander

2 tablespoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

Drain chick peas, rinse with water, and drain again. In a food processor blend chick peas, parsley, garlic, and spices until you get a mixture similar to dough.

Refrigerate mixture for at least 1 hour. Remove mixture from fridge and form small, firm balls. Deep fry in hot oil until falafels are a beautiful golden brown color. Serve warm or cold in pita bread with a dollop of yogurt.

And my kids would love this Vietnamese rice dessert:

Vietnamese Coconut Rice Dessert

1 cup white rice

3 cups coconut milk

2 teaspoons salt

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup water

Rinse and drain rice then place in a saucepan. Add salt and coonut milk. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down, place lid over rice and cook for about five minutes. Let cool.

Spoon rice onto greased baking pan and place in the refrigerator overnight. Cut into slices.

Make a syrup by heating brown sugar over low heat in a small saucepan. Add water as needed and stir until a syrup forms. Next drizzle syrup over rice squares and serve.

I suppose you all eat fairy bread too? Every kids party I ever went to had fairy bread. White bread, butter, and sprinkle 100's and 1000's all over. I think it is gross, but evidently the rest of Australia disagrees!

Otherwise, google for Anzac biscuits. Everyone here eats those!

Rosie

I suppose you all eat fairy bread too? Every kids party I ever went to had fairy bread. White bread, butter, and sprinkle 100's and 1000's all over. I think it is gross, but evidently the rest of Australia disagrees!

Otherwise, google for Anzac biscuits. Everyone here eats those!

Rosie

Fairy Bread GROSS????

Wash your mouth out!! It's crunchy heaven on a delishiously buttery piece of white cloud. Slurp. :D

fried rice

egg drop soup (you could serve it in those mini cups)-very easy... hot chicken broth, drop an egg in and swirl, sprinkle some scallions, dash of soy sauce

quesadillas, refried beans, mexican rice

Julia is making hummus :001_smile:

Fairy Bread GROSS????

Wash your mouth out!! It's crunchy heaven on a delishiously buttery piece of white cloud. Slurp. :D

Keptwoman, it's time you grew up, girl. I stopped liking fairy bread when I was 4!

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Rosie- evidently more mature than the rest of the southern hemisphere.