Menu

Naseau and Hunger and Heartburn, Oh My!

Those are the three stages I go through. I am on a continuous loop. I know why -- I am pregnant -- but really, there is no relief day and night, night and day. Smells and foods disgust me but I have to eventually eat so I do and then 10 minutes later regret it. My poor stomach. This will pass, right?

I am on #4 and had the WORST nausea this time around. I was seeing an acupuncturist for somethign else entirely and after ONE visit the nausea was down about 80% and after my 2nd visit it was gone for good! It's been a month now of NO nausea at all!!!

Ginger, and vitamin b6 are some remedies I've heard of/tried. But really the acupuncture was awesome.

Hope you feel better soon. Nausea really is awful.

I am on #4 and had the WORST nausea this time around. I was seeing an acupuncturist for somethign else entirely and after ONE visit the nausea was down about 80% and after my 2nd visit it was gone for good! It's been a month now of NO nausea at all!!!

Ginger, and vitamin b6 are some remedies I've heard of/tried. But really the acupuncture was awesome.

Hope you feel better soon. Nausea really is awful.

Wow! How wonderful that it worked so well for you. One of my friends had accupuncture for her pg nausea. She said it helped tons, but only for about 1.5 days. After that, it was as bad as ever. :(

There's a book called "Managing Morning Sickness" (http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Morning-Sickness-Survival-Pregnant/dp/0923521828/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258509908&sr=8-1) that has some helpful ideas in it, especially regarding finding categories of foods that seem to stay down.

I've never had luck with ginger or B6. I tried B12 injections this pg, but they didn't help either. My nausea generally lasts for 20-24 weeks (and I'm thankfully past it now! :)), during which time I usually end up eating whatever will stay down, nutritious or not (generally not ;)). I also have taken Zofran for the past three pregnancies, usually when past the first trimester and still miserable & unable to eat. It doesn't make me feel great, but generally keeps the food down.

:grouphug: and I hope you (and all other pregnant sickies) feel better soon.

I've had that problem with ALL of my pregnancies, and with this one someone suggested ginger tea and oh my goodness, has it worked wonders!

When it gets super bad (crying and wanting to just die) I take a half dose of Pepto-Bismol...last resort.

I'm so sorry...I could just smack anyone who says pregnancy is a beautiful thing. I've yet to experience the beauty of it, I'm simply in it for the end result.

Have you heard about hyperemesis?? It's severe morning sickness that will not get better with any remedies and winds up requiring zofran to treat.

Here's a great link to a site that explains it.

http://www.helpher.org/index.php

If you think you have this, do try to get into a dr soon and get some treatment. I've had it 4 out of 4 pregnancies and only this last one was dx with hg and thus treated. That has made a huge difference this time around.

Good luck! IT is miserable! But it does eventually stop (even if it is 9 months later!!:tongue_smilie:)

I have found help in different things for every pregnancy. With one, it was Coke (and I rarely drink soda). For another it was honey-lemon Cold-Eeze (zinc lozenges) and for a couple other pregnancies it was Doublemint Gum.

For heartburn, I would add a squeeze of fresh lemon to my water throughout the day and that helped some. Aside from that, I kept Tums nearby at all times :tongue_smilie:.