Menu

Homemade L. Detergent Recipes and Resources

I just made my first batch a few days ago. I used the Fels Naptha bar, 1c washing soda and 1c borax and made the dry powder. I am sold. I love, love, love it. Everything is coming out clean and fresh.

Oh I'm going to do the dry version next time. I just made 3+ gallons of liquid, which is *fine* but more time consuming. Makes sense to just do the powder.

I have done several washes with hot, warm and cold water and they all have come out very well. I am using 2 tablespoons per full load. With my last load, I added 1/2c vinegar to the rinse cycle. I will see if it makes a difference. I did this primarily because I added 20 drops of lavendar essential oil to the vinegar. I will let you know how it comes out.

I just made my first batch a few days ago. I used the Fels Naptha bar, 1c washing soda and 1c borax and made the dry powder. I am sold. I love, love, love it. Everything is coming out clean and fresh.

I just made my first batch tonight using the same recipe. I used 2 Tbsp. in a large load. It smells clean and just went into the dryer. Fingers crossed. I've got a load of whites in the washer; this is THE test!