Menu

I just set up 4 mouse traps throughout my house...

... I hope I catch the little buggers yet. As we were getting ready to leave to go get the mouse traps ... I had fortunately just put on my shoes ... and one ran right between my feet as I was walking across my bedroom. :001_huh:

I do think the one I trapped in my daughter's closet is no longer making noise ...

We moved into my former home at this time of year, and the fields around the subdivision had been plowed, so field mice were having a field day finding warm places to hang out. Since our garage was open a lot during the move, they found their way into our home. I sat one evening in my sewing room, watching one little bugger run about the room. When I'd look up at him, he'd freeze. When I turned my head, he'd run. I am positive he was sticking his thumbs in his ears and waving his hands while sticking his tongue out at me.

He finally got caught. D-Con did it's job. :D

We moved into my former home at this time of year, and the fields around the subdivision had been plowed, so field mice were having a field day finding warm places to hang out. Since our garage was open a lot during the move, they found their way into our home. I sat one evening in my sewing room, watching one little bugger run about the room. When I'd look up at him, he'd freeze. When I turned my head, he'd run. I am positive he was sticking his thumbs in his ears and waving his hands while sticking his tongue out at me.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. :001_smile:

He must've been related to the last one we caught here. :glare: One night he was on a roll--he came out three or four times while I was in the room and would freeze when I moved or made a noise but didn't run off until I got up. His particular downfall turned out to be doritos (and a glue trap). :tongue_smilie:

I recently reminded my husband that mouse-huntin' season will be starting soon. We always get mice this time of year. Last year was particularly bad. I haven't seen any yet, but I'm sure I will soon enough. Hope you manage to catch all your unwanted visitors.

Here's a laugh for you....

I was at my parent's house a few weeks ago. They live out in the boonies and in the kitchen there is one set of drawers that are open in the back to an outside wall. That set of drawers isn't used for anything because they have a very hard time keeping the mice out. Mom was saying something about cleaning out those drawers and trying to find a way to keep the buggers out and I opened the top drawer to see what was in there. The *%(*#$ mouse was! He jumped straight up and over to the counter. I jumped straight up and ran screaming out of the kitchen. Mom had no idea what I was doing, but jumped and screamed and ran the other way. Once I got done laughing myself sick at my reaction we had to figure out a way to get the monster out of the kitchen.

I admit I'm NOT a country girl. Mice belong in little cages with a cute wheel to run in. However, that reaction was over the top, even for me. Still makes me laugh to see myself and my mom running like crazy from a mouse smaller than my hand.