Menu

Why can't I get rid of this cold?

I have had a cold for about three weeks now. Nothing terrible, it's just dragging on....and on...

Each time I feel better I really exert myself, like picking up some of the mess around here or going to the library. And then the next day, I'm sick again and wiped out.:glare: I know, this isn't tragic, but I really want this gone. I really haven't been overdoing it at all. And I've even thought I was better. So, why do I keep getting sick? How do I strengthen my immune system? I've been eating garlic. Perhaps not enough.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

You may have allergies. Even if you're never had them before. Usually, I can tell the difference between a cold and allergies if my cold "cycles". You know, start out with the tickly throat, goes on to feeling lousy for a few days, ends up with a cough that lingers. Allergies, on the other hand, are kind of the same symptoms but don't cycle, and just hang on until whatever it is you're allergic to goes away. My family is going through our typical fall allergy nightmare right now. We are all miserable and DS1 is having asthma problems. I have no idea what we are allergic to, but it comes in November and goes away in about mid-December when it really starts freezing good at night.

You may have allergies. Even if you're never had them before. Usually, I can tell the difference between a cold and allergies if my cold "cycles". You know, start out with the tickly throat, goes on to feeling lousy for a few days, ends up with a cough that lingers. Allergies, on the other hand, are kind of the same symptoms but don't cycle, and just hang on until whatever it is you're allergic to goes away. My family is going through our typical fall allergy nightmare right now. We are all miserable and DS1 is having asthma problems. I have no idea what we are allergic to, but it comes in November and goes away in about mid-December when it really starts freezing good at night.

Maybe, but it does feel different than allergies that I'm aware of. It feels like a cold, that goes away (almost) and then comes back when I stress my body the littlest bit.