Menu

Excited to meet The Pioneer Woman

I made her mushroom recipe -- the one that was posted in Southern Living. Actually, I was flipping through SL at my MIL's house when -- there was Ree! I said, "Hey! I know her!"

At any rate, the mushroom recipe was out of this world!

Lest I violate the recipe rule, here it is: (It's not going to be low fat -- none of Ree's recipes are --but gobs of antioxidants!)

Slow Cook Mushrooms

4 lbs mushrooms

1/2 cup butter

1 750-ml bottle red wine

1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2 chicken bouillon cubes

2 beef bouillon cubes

1 tsp pepper

1 tsp dill seeds

1 tsp garlic powder

Bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, maintaining a slow boil. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4 hour until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.

I'm going tonight with a friend. Are you going to the one on the plaza?Maybe I'll see you there. :001_smile: I'll be wearing black slacks and a short sleve grey sweater. I've got long brown hair pulled back into a side pony tail and glasses. If you see me say hi!

It was fun meeting Ree today and the cookbook is beautiful. I told Ree I heard about her on the WTM boards and we had a brief exchange about the boards.

We waited in line an hour and 15 minutes, but the event was super organized. The sponsors brought us snacks as we browsed the store and waited. Now my kids are saying I have to make something from the cookbook today. Sounds like a good plan to me. My husband will also like that plan.

aggieamy, have fun tonight!

It was fun meeting Ree today and the cookbook is beautiful. I told Ree I heard about her on the WTM boards and we had a brief exchange about the boards.

We waited in line an hour and 15 minutes, but the event was super organized. The sponsors brought us snacks as we browsed the store and waited. Now my kids are saying I have to make something from the cookbook today. Sounds like a good plan to me. My husband will also like that plan.

aggieamy, have fun tonight!

Thanks! I'm getting super excited. Let me know what you make from the cookbook.