Menu

What ever happened to...

I could have SWORN I posted this earlier, but the thread is gone. Was it deleted for some reason or did I just not actually hit submit?

I was thinking about blogs I've read where the blogger just disappeared. Does anyone know what ever happened to the following people?

http://www.upsaid.com/parah/

http://roadschola.blogspot.com/

No link, but I used to read a blog by a lady who posted on the old boards about 5 years ago. Her name was Allie (Allison). She accidentally backed over one of her daughters, Kelsey. The girl lived, but had some health issues. Allie and her husband later divorced.

Anybody else ever wonder about stuff like this?

Really? I had no idea. I blog semi-regularly.

A short summary:

Dh (stbx now) was convicted this past April, a little over a year from the arrest. He was given 10 years probation, and life-time registration as a sex-offender. He also had a fine and has to attend therapy every week for at least 3 years. One of the conditions of his probation is that he can't be around children, including my 16 year old son. We had left ds with a friend while we went to court and he could not even come back home. He stayed with his dad that week while I found us a place to live.

We moved out, but dh and I were still hoping to eventually be able to live together as a family. I had more or less forgiven him, but was feeling very bitter and mistrustful. One of the things that kept nagging at me was a brief mention in the case summary of dh having a prior history of chatting online with minors. Dh claimed it was just one other minor in the same general time frame as the one he was arrested for. In August, I did some digging and was able to contact the two detectives that dh had chatted with. One had been posing as the minor and the other as the father of the minor. I found out that the prior history went back 4 years! He had even scheduled a meet, but never showed up. I confronted dh. He admitted it, said he thought I would leave him if he told me the truth, begged forgiveness, etc. I told him that I did not know if we could get past this.

We continued a strained communication and the very next week the FBI called me to tell me I could have all our seized computers back. Over the course of the conversation with the agent, I found out that ch**d p**n had been found on all the computers in unallocated file space. He said it could have been because our computers had been networked together. They could not "conclusively prove" dh viewed it or they would have filed federal charges. They did not think it was me or ds, but that would be what a defense could use. He said all the computers had been wiped, but when I got them, only 2 of the 5 had been completely wiped.

That was the final straw for me. Dh and I continue to talk as I want to support him with his therapy, but our marriage is over. I've been making payments to a lawyer and once I'm finished, she'll file for divorce.

Meanwhile, ds graduated homeschooling early and started community college full-time this Fall. I also returned to school to take post-bac classes (music-education doesn't easily switch to biology) so I can enter grad school this Spring. My classes have gone well, my GRE scores were good, I have a research professor who has agreed to take me as a student, so now I just wait for the final word (Dec.1) saying I'm in for Spring. I'll finish my M.S. in Biology about the same time ds finishes his A.A.S in Commercial Music-Performance. He'll head off to a 4-year school while I head off for a PhD dissertation.

Really? I had no idea. I blog semi-regularly.

A short summary:

Dh (stbx now) was convicted this past April, a little over a year from the arrest. He was given 10 years probation, and life-time registration as a sex-offender. He also had a fine and has to attend therapy every week for at least 3 years. One of the conditions of his probation is that he can't be around children, including my 16 year old son. We had left ds with a friend while we went to court and he could not even come back home. He stayed with his dad that week while I found us a place to live.

We moved out, but dh and I were still hoping to eventually be able to live together as a family. I had more or less forgiven him, but was feeling very bitter and mistrustful. One of the things that kept nagging at me was a brief mention in the case summary of dh having a prior history of chatting online with minors. Dh claimed it was just one other minor in the same general time frame as the one he was arrested for. In August, I did some digging and was able to contact the two detectives that dh had chatted with. One had been posing as the minor and the other as the father of the minor. I found out that the prior history went back 4 years! He had even scheduled a meet, but never showed up. I confronted dh. He admitted it, said he thought I would leave him if he told me the truth, begged forgiveness, etc. I told him that I did not know if we could get past this.

We continued a strained communication and the very next week the FBI called me to tell me I could have all our seized computers back. Over the course of the conversation with the agent, I found out that ch**d p**n had been found on all the computers in unallocated file space. He said it could have been because our computers had been networked together. They could not "conclusively prove" dh viewed it or they would have filed federal charges. They did not think it was me or ds, but that would be what a defense could use. He said all the computers had been wiped, but when I got them, only 2 of the 5 had been completely wiped.

That was the final straw for me. Dh and I continue to talk as I want to support him with his therapy, but our marriage is over. I've been making payments to a lawyer and once I'm finished, she'll file for divorce.

Meanwhile, ds graduated homeschooling early and started community college full-time this Fall. I also returned to school to take post-bac classes (music-education doesn't easily switch to biology) so I can enter grad school this Spring. My classes have gone well, my GRE scores were good, I have a research professor who has agreed to take me as a student, so now I just wait for the final word (Dec.1) saying I'm in for Spring. I'll finish my M.S. in Biology about the same time ds finishes his A.A.S in Commercial Music-Performance. He'll head off to a 4-year school while I head off for a PhD dissertation.

Wow!!!! Thank you sooooo much for this update. I happened to read your blog the day your husband was arrested and then of course you were forced to clam up about it....never got to hear how it ended. I'm glad you are getting past it and moving on. Good for you!!!

Rebel, thank you for updating. I didn't realize you have a blog--I only remember your post here--but I'm pretty challenged like that. It sounds like you've done a great job with your boy in the middle of a crappy situation, and your educational plans are amazing. Congratulations and best of luck to you!