Menu

Whose posts do you find most helpful?

I have been helped by so many people here! I can't think of ONE person whose posts I pay more attention to only because there are just too many!

:iagree::iagree:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Besides, I think singling someone out could potentially hurt the feelings of other people. ;)

I have been helped by so many people here! I can't think of ONE person whose posts I pay more attention to only because there are just too many!

:iagree: I really and truly appreciate gaining insight from such a wide range of educational views, world views, etc. I have learned SO much from this board.

Originally Posted by Dayle in Guatemala

:iagree: I really and truly appreciate gaining insight from such a wide range of educational views, world views, etc. I have learned SO much from this board.

I like reading them all - it really gets me to think more openly about certain subjects. I may or may not agree, but often times I come away with at least a better understanding of why some people choose the routes they do and feel like I've grown a little more because of it.

Besides, I think singling someone out could potentially hurt the feelings of other people. ;)

The potential for threads like this to become popularity contests is huge. I've seen it so many times!

And I'm not saying that because no one thinks I'm helpful, either! :nopity:

:lol:

The potential for threads like this to become popularity contests is huge. I've seen it so many times!

And I'm not saying that because no one thinks I'm helpful, either! :nopity:

:lol:

I've seen it as well.

But isn't it strange? We can't say nice things about a few of the people here without someone getting their feelings hurt?

It doesn't make any sense to me. I enjoy and benefit from Eliana's posts and said so publicly. That doesn't mean I get no benefit from the other fifty-thousand posts here and I don't understand why anyone would take it as such.

My intention was certainly not to hurt anyone's feelings! Like I said, I enjoy reading everyone's advice. I mentioned momof7 bc she has a wide range of kids at all different levels, and she's been doing this a long time. I'm sure there are other moms out there who've been at this a long time, tried all kinds of different curricula with lots of different aged kids and have tons of advice to offer. I know there are other moms on here like me who are giant sponges - soaking up every bit of wisdom they can from the veteran hsmoms. When I find someone who has a similar hs philosophy, I like to click on their name and read back through their posts. I was hoping to get some names of veteran hs moms that have helped you bc of their "been there-done that" point of view.

My favorite posters are those who are not afraid to stand alone in their opinions or say something controversial. I'm not the hot topic type, so I appreciate those that are--whatever side they come down on, even if it's not my side. I might be irritated, encouraged, or even shocked, but it's the fact that I REACT that makes these posters interesting and helpful.

I also tend to like firebrands (of any persuasion) who know how to argue. Who REALLY know how to argue. Without fallacies. With supporting facts. Arguments that make you think and reassess your own positions. Love those posters. Ideologues? Eh.

a

There are many I follow. I wouldn't list them here though as it's too highschoolish IMO and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. We are all unique and will have different people who are more like us. Sometimes it's a person who has a child who is a lot like mine, others who know the challenges of three close in age boys, some have seasoned wisdom, and similar philosophies. However, I also try to read a variety and like to see different opinions and learn why others like or feel a certain way. I'm so not a groupie.

:iagree:, well sometimes I am a groupie, but not generally.