Menu

Hurry! Urban Homemaker Bread Guide Free Download

OK - Thank you for pushing me over the edge. I've been teetering on making my own bread again after a 2 year hiatus. I kept saying to myself, "I have to get back to making my own bread." Well, I've got 2 loaves rising right now, and almost ready to put in the oven. Thank you!!!

BTW - does anyone know the nutritional content of homemade 100% whole wheat, ground at home bread? I've been searching the internet, and I can't find it anywhere. I want some concrete evidence that making my own bread really is better than eating store bought. It would keep my motivation high if I knew for sure. :D

BTW - does anyone know the nutritional content of homemade 100% whole wheat, ground at home bread? I've been searching the internet, and I can't find it anywhere. I want some concrete evidence that making my own bread really is better than eating store bought. It would keep my motivation high if I knew for sure. :D

I thought of Sue Gregg's site, since her cookbooks have tons of nutritional comparisons in them. The Urban Homemaker site also has lots of good articles that you might find helpful. Here is Vickilynn Haycraft's site, where she has a nice FAQ page on wheat. Scroll down to see the nutritional loss of white bread vs. wheat.

http://realfoodliving.com/faqs/wheat-faqs

Happy baking everyone!